Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 37 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 01:09 AM   #361
Surrexen

So here is the deal at the moment. I have updated all 5 missions and from my side of the fence, everything appears to be working with the exception of the Carrier Defence zones due to the SM-2 missiles no longer tracking their target when the ships get set back to ROE weapons hold, the missiles either detonate or fly into the water. Will have to wait on ED for a fix (hopefully) for that one.

Edit: NineLine has confirmed with the team that the SM-2 issue is an intentional change, so I will have to now disable that code

I was hoping to upload the updated missions today, but it appears there are still several issues that ED need to work through before I can really do that and know that everything is 100% fine in 2.5.6. I will therefore, hold off on submitting the updated missions and continue testing everything over the weekend etc until a further patch comes out.

Now for the bad news. Operation Snowfox, Clear Field, and Black Spire have had to have some significant unit/group renaming as I found an issue that was causing Pinpoint Strikes to not always find their target due to mismatched prefixes. Therefore, when I do release the updated missions, your progress files (SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua and SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua etc) will need to be removed so that those missions can generate new ones. If you don't, then the mission will spit out a list of the units and statics that it cannot find from the saved list and skip trying to remove that particular object from the map. If you are feeling really adventurous you could run it and get the list of units etc that it errors on and then make the necessary edits to those files, but I'm not even going to get into that here. It'll just be easier to start from scratch. I apologise in advance for that one.

Operation Jupiter and Operation Secret Squirrel should run fine with the existing progress files.

The good news is, the Pinpoint Strike missions should now work for every single mission target. Operation Clear Field has had Pinpoint Strike AI routes added for the sectors that it didn't have previously. Further, the persistence script being a little more robust should not fall over anymore if one of the objects in the saved list doesn't spawn correctly.

Anyway, that's where it is at currently.

Last edited by Surrexen; 02-21-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:06 PM   #362
Wood

Thanks for the update Surrexen..
Old 02-25-2020, 04:28 AM   #363
Surrexen

v123 is up

Changelog v123

IMPORTANT: If you are using persistence, you MUST remove your SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua and SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua files from your DCS World installation folder before starting the mission so new lists can be generated as many group and unit prefixes have changed!!!

1. A 2.5.6 compatible Moose version has been added
2. Group/Unit/Static prefixes for certain sectors have been revised so that pinpoint strikes will work on all targets in a sector
3. Infantry units have been set to not disperse under fire so they don't go hiding in trees etc
4. Target report clearview added to the text output to help alleviate the issue in the note below.
5. Various script adjustments
6. Carrier Defenze Zone code disabled due to SM-2 issue being an intentional ED change
7. An extra set of helo's have been put in at Sharjah Intl
8. Patriot system with 3 launchers has been added to Al Minhad
9. Other stuff that I can't remember right now

Note: For busy multiplayer servers, an issue has been identified where the target report can take up a lot of space in VR (for example when a flight of 4 is full of players and the report is given to the whole group). To get around this issue, it may be best to change the client slot groups to single planes only and duplicate the single planes so that instead of one group of 4 planes, you have 4 groups of 1 plane each. This way the target report will only come out once per player and not take up their whole screen.

Extra note: While I have tested all the tacan channels in single and multiplayer, it seems that at random people have issues with either the carrier tacan going missing, or the refuelling tankers tacan's going missing. If anyone has any smart ideas on why this happens please let me know as it always works for me, then I submit the file and chaos happens from there.

Last edited by Surrexen; 02-25-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #364
Surrexen

v124 is out to remove the clearview on the target report.

My apologies.

It looks like the only way around the issue I described in the post above for VR users is to have the plane groups reduced to single planes so they only get their own report and not other members of the flight. I will look into other options and see what can be done.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:20 AM   #365
Scotch75

Hey Surrexen,

Many thanks mate for your continued maintenance of these missions. All appears to work ok, except for one possible glitch.

It seems the Predator JTAC may not be lasing even though he says he is via the JTAC menu (type 2 CAS). I was dropping gbu-12s from F-5, checked correct code 1688, but bombs seemingly going dumb. It could be I wasn't quite in the launch envelope, but I pickled in the general direction with good height and speed several times. The bombs did not appear to react at all.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #366
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch75 View Post
Hey Surrexen,

Many thanks mate for your continued maintenance of these missions. All appears to work ok, except for one possible glitch.

It seems the Predator JTAC may not be lasing even though he says he is via the JTAC menu (type 2 CAS). I was dropping gbu-12s from F-5, checked correct code 1688, but bombs seemingly going dumb. It could be I wasn't quite in the launch envelope, but I pickled in the general direction with good height and speed several times. The bombs did not appear to react at all.

Cheers!

If memory serves, you need it to be a Type 3 scenario to get lasers. The drone operates over a sector to provide as much coverage as I can but not everything in a sector will be in laser range. I considered condensing the sectors to make them smaller and have more of them ... but that presents other issues.

Curiosity question ... was the drone actually over the sector and in it's orbit pattern? The drone does have to fly to the sector and takes a bit of time to arrive and orbit etc etc.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:50 AM   #367
Scotch75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
If memory serves, you need it to be a Type 3 scenario to get lasers. The drone operates over a sector to provide as much coverage as I can but not everything in a sector will be in laser range. I considered condensing the sectors to make them smaller and have more of them ... but that presents other issues.

Curiosity question ... was the drone actually over the sector and in it's orbit pattern? The drone does have to fly to the sector and takes a bit of time to arrive and orbit etc etc.
Yes, the drone was directly over Sirri lasing AAA target. It said "Type 2 in effect, laser 1688, use gbu-12". I was able to use the menu items, "Laser On", the drone replied "Lasing".
I went through the work flow of IP Inbound, Spot, In. The drone had a bit of a hiccup here where it would say "Cleared Hot", or "Abort, abort, abort" randomly after a pause. In which case you would have to start the process again. I guess this depends on whether the drone can see you as well.
I think the only way to check whether the drone is lasing or not will be with a TGP in laser spot mode with a modern airframe.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:35 AM   #368
Surrexen

A change is currently in testing that will remove the red GCI flights entirely and replace them with a CAP flight that hangs out behind the main front line. The purpose of this is to prevent extra GCI flights spawning on busy multiplayer servers. This change will apply to Snowfox and Clear Field (Black Spire doesn't use GCI so no change is required there).
Old 02-28-2020, 01:48 AM   #369
Surrexen

v125 is up.

Changelog v125
- Red coalition GCI flights removed
- A new red CAP flight has been added to replace the GCI and will mostly hang out behind the main front line.
- Unit "Tunb Island - Navy 1 1" name corrected from "Tunb Island - Navy 1", if this unit is in your SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua, you can just correct the name in that file to avoid starting over from scratch.

Enjoy
Old 03-02-2020, 02:30 AM   #370
Surrexen

Some server groups have reported that occasionally the AWACS or Tankers are not finishing their 4 hour orbit properly and not going in to land and respawn. As a result they are seemingly flying around until running out of fuel and then bouncing around on the ground or whatever. Therefore, a change is being tested where the AWACS and Tankers will no longer be immortal and will respawn after 10 seconds if they crash. The drones will also be set to no longer be immortal in case of weird problems along the same lines. The AWACS, Tankers and Drones will still be invisible to the enemy.

This change is being tested on Snowfox, Clear Field and Black Spire.