Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 30 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #291
lvialpando

Ran this yesterday with my group and we ran one of the strike mission on Abu Musa island that wanted us to destroy a bunker (IIRC) and we pretty much wiped the entire island of targets but never received a new mission
Old 01-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #292
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvialpando View Post
Ran this yesterday with my group and we ran one of the strike mission on Abu Musa island that wanted us to destroy a bunker (IIRC) and we pretty much wiped the entire island of targets but never received a new mission
Ok thanks yeah I've been able to replicate this now. Will work on a fix.

Edit: Fixed internally will get updates to all missions out as soon as I can. Thanks again.

Last edited by Surrexen; 01-07-2020 at 02:23 AM.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:50 AM   #293
Surrexen

v121 is up

Changelog v121
- Critical fix in mission target status script
- LHA-1 Tarawa added, Tacan 75X Radio Freq: 128.000Mhz AM
- 2x Harrier's added to Tarawa doing runway starts from positions 3 and 4 on the runway, be careful in multiplayer not to run over each other as I can't set these planes to start on a ramp
- F-14B Loadouts changed to 4x AIM-54A Mk60 2x Sparrow 2x Sidewinder instead of 6x AIM-54A Mk60
- Bukha oil field positions corrected
- Sid and Sic oil fields added

Edit: There were a few other things I was going to add in but the emergence of the script bug forced an update. Fixing the script and getting the update out obviously took priority.

Last edited by Surrexen; 01-07-2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #294
Lostcat

Hi, first of all thank you very much for your fantastic missions

i only have a problem, when in multiplayer the option "target report" does not work, i mean that i can select it and ask for a report but i have no answer.

In single player it all works right.

L.C.
Lostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #295
Super Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcat View Post
Hi, first of all thank you very much for your fantastic missions

i only have a problem, when in multiplayer the option "target report" does not work, i mean that i can select it and ask for a report but i have no answer.

In single player it all works right.

L.C.
I ran into something similar a few versions back. My issue was due to the two persistent files the missions writes to getting corrupted. I copied them out of the DCS root directory and ran the mission again, which created new empty files. I then copied the already destroyed targets into each file respectively, ran the mission and it worked.
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:51 PM   #296
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Wabbit View Post
I ran into something similar a few versions back. My issue was due to the two persistent files the missions writes to getting corrupted. I copied them out of the DCS root directory and ran the mission again, which created new empty files. I then copied the already destroyed targets into each file respectively, ran the mission and it worked.
That's very strange ... the only time I know of where target report will have an issue is when the target is a group of ships and you destroy one of the ships, but it is still in the process of 'sinking'. During that time it is unable to determine how many units are alive in the group, so the function doesn't run. Once the ship sinks it will work again as normal.

I haven't ever seen the persistency files break like that, doesn't sound like something I can do anything about.

Edit: Just jumped into dedicated server and the target report is working fine.

Last edited by Surrexen; 01-08-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #297
Lostcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Just jumped into dedicated server and the target report is working fine.
If can be of any help it was not a dedicated server, and it happened two times on two, mobile sam the first time and industry second time. Once destroyed the targets i had confirmation of mission success and generation of the new mission.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #298
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcat View Post
If can be of any help it was not a dedicated server, and it happened two times on two, mobile sam the first time and industry second time. Once destroyed the targets i had confirmation of mission success and generation of the new mission.
Just fired it up again to host it normally, target report is fine for me. If you see it fail again can you use check current objective and tell me which target you are looking at? I've tried skip a few times to get different types of targets and I can get the report for all of them so far. When you ran into this issue were you the host?

Last edited by Surrexen; 01-08-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:34 PM   #299
Super Wabbit

It could have been something I had done. The behavior I was seeing was that the mission was not writing to the files even though I de-sanitize 'lfs' and 'io'. I don't think it was anything with the mission and it was a few versions back.
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #300
Lostcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
If you see it fail again can you use check current objective and tell me which target you are looking at? I've tried skip a few times to get different types of targets and I can get the report for all of them so far. When you ran into this issue were you the host?
i clearly remember that the objective in the second time was the "oil processing facility" on Siri Island.