Gazelle Minigun - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #21
Hook47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emko View Post
Yeah, that would be awesome! Luckily this module has a better autopilot than the Huey so putting the AP into the alt hold mode, switching to the gunner position and shooting while steering the helicopter with the cyclic and pedals works reasonably. Luckily this is just a game so I don't kill myself and two more guys upsetting their now-orphans while winning the Darwin award .

What I miss more is the fact I don't know how much ammo is left for the minigun.
For what it's worth, having gunned on a M134 in real life, you don't know on the rap deal either! It's sort of an educated guess based on how long you've held the boom switch...

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #22
emko

Thanks! Well, now I can imagine some "uh oh" moments of Spooky gunship crews...
emko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #23
countvonaltibar

Suggestion. Could really do with a mini-gun aimed by using the mouse, using trackIR can be very tedious and difficult to hit targets. Not sure if this has been brought up before but I think it would make the mini-gun variant a much more popular and effective on the battlefield.
countvonaltibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #24
Sprool

Someone posted back up earlier - use the mouse. Is this an option for minigun aim, as headtracking aim sucks?
Sprool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:24 PM   #25
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprool View Post
Someone posted back up earlier - use the mouse. Is this an option for minigun aim, as headtracking aim sucks?
When going to minigun seat [3] disable headtracking (i.e. TrackIR) and hit [LALT + C].
When leaving, enable headtracking.
The [LALT + C] can be activated in beforehand and only ones without issues I believe. I have a button on the mouse for TrackIR disabel/enable.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:30 PM   #26
Sprool

I tried a few different keystrokes to disable head tracking (Im using open track) but cant get headtracking disabled?
Sprool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:01 AM   #27
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprool View Post
I tried a few different keystrokes to disable head tracking (Im using open track) but cant get headtracking disabled?
I'm not familiar with open track, but in TrackIR one can define a button to disable the tracking. If open track is supposed to have that but it doesn't work for you, maybe the same button is used in DCS and causing it to be "hidden" for open track?
I don't remember if it was like that in TrackIR, but I defined the mouse wheel button (needed some tweaking since it's not officialy supported in TrackIR to use a mouse button for this) to disable tracking in the TrackIR software and made sure that button wasn't in use anywhere in DCS (seen as mouse button 3).
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gazelle, minigun