DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 81 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 06:28 AM   #801
slowmover

What the status of this project???60% 80%??? Did not see any news at the newslater
Old 02-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #802
Gierasimov

According to my calculations it is at 95% of it's current actionable to do list for the item ID#10T
I couldn't resist. News will hit when there is something new to pass along. ED COO, made an interesting comment on a Reddit forum:
1. Hind is in passive development (waiting on a 3d model / resources allocation / current pipeline progress)
2. They had originally planned to deliver it in May 2019.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #803
Varis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempusmurphy View Post
They may be wanting to get the Huey's MP cockpit out and perfected before implementation on the hind
It's actually positive news they have a prerequisite item and sounds like Mi-24 will be bumped up in priority once that's done. The module doesn't live in a vacuum but could be relying on some platform upgrade like that. In the end we get more as rotorheads.

Just goes to underline the complexity and extremely long time span of ED's project as a whole. They work slowly with many projects in parallel, very different from many other game developers, even MMO creators facing similar complexities.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #804
cordite

From the Russian forum, it seems that it’s more for backup for the WO to have flight controls, so I’m not sure if they’ll bother enabling that function for the purposes of the sim. I don’t have the Tomcat, can the RIO take over the flight controls ?

Last edited by cordite; 02-26-2020 at 05:13 PM.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #805
MAD-MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordite View Post
From the Russian forum, it seems that it’s more for backup for the WO to have flight controls, so I’m not sure if they’ll bother enabling that function for the purposes of the sim. I don’t have the Tomcat, can the RIO take over the flight controls ?

The F-14 RIO doesn't have Flight Controls in Back Seat.

Think it is like in L-39 wher you have to hand over the Flight Controls, that Input will not intefere between two Human Players.

Dont know how many Switches etc. are shared between WSO and Pilot, but hope they dont bother around to long with the Mutli Crew thing.

By the Way did i overlook it but there is no mentioned about MI-24 in that Reddit Post?

9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #806
cordite

It’s at the top of the “passive development” list.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:35 AM   #807
Varis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
hope they dont bother around to long with the Mutli Crew thing.
Multicrew can be pretty important in multiplayer - it's a key factor in the charm of the F-14 and L-39, and plays a small part even in the Gazelle. If ED manages to up their game in multicrew with Mi-24, several modules down the road will benefit - or even become possible in the first place, in case of some two seaters.

The downside is of course, that yes, it can cause further delay...
Old 02-28-2020, 01:29 PM   #808
Grodlund

I look at it this way.
December 31st, 2018 (or was it 2017?) , they showed some diagrams, and we've seen some EXTREMLY early cockpit renders.

The standing word from Wags or any other devs is
Quote:
when we have someething to show, we will show it.
Therefore, the conclusion is that they are about 2,1% complete - and we have to sign our will, to force our granchildren to fly it.

#stillbutthurt

Last edited by Grodlund; 02-28-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Grodlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #809
cordite

Anyone here able to translate what they’re discussing in the RU thread about formation flying/attack formation/aiming? Google translate seems to be getting lost in translation.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:27 PM   #810
MAD-MM

I am not pretty sure, something about Rocket Attack and Safe Formation Flying...
There was also alot of Discussion about how long the Helicopter can Hover for example of Attack, because some American Articel claimed it was not possible for the Hind because of the the wide Wingtips disturb the lift of the Main Rotor and Engines will pretty fast die, 6 Mins of Takeoff Power maximum.

MI-8 Pilot says this is not true, and the Hind can Hover for Hour within safe Parameters, only the Service Life will degrease in Long Terms..
And Discoverd there pretty stunning Video..

9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote