DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 80 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #791
cordite

Can you please ask him for details about the map holder? Simulated paper maps, maybe? He may not answer, but worth a try.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #792
AeriaGloria

SE BULBA answered us, it’s a paper map with a light that plots your current position using the Doppler Nav
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #793
Grodlund

WTH means "passive development" anyways?
I would argue that "Active Development" means that they are activly working on it.
In whitch case "Passive Development" would mean that they are not working on it, and are just letting the Helicopter develop itself.

This would in fact explain alot
Old 02-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #794
molevitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
SE BULBA answered us, it’s a paper map with a light that plots your current position using the Doppler Nav
The map holder uses a moving transparent tape, not a light. The tape has a red cross reticle on it It moves similarly to the way a CnC machine moves the machine head, so it is mechanically driven. The scale can be selected and different scale map cards inserted. It is a Doppler/Inertial system.
Mag Brake in operation

molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #795
Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodlund View Post
I would argue that "Active Development" means that they are activly working on it.
In whitch case "Passive Development" would mean that they are not working on it, and are just letting the Helicopter develop itself.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2296
If you translate his message, a small team is still working on it.
But for sure, they need more people to boost the project...but is seems that currently ED has other priorities like the F-18/F-16, the P-47, the 2.6 version, carrier module,...
We can just hope that these projects will be enough developed in the near future and that some ressources will be allocated to the Hind module....
The Mi-24 was announced by ED for 2020, so still 10 months to go
We can only encourage them for the work to come
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #796
AeriaGloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by molevitch View Post
The map holder uses a moving transparent tape, not a light. The tape has a red cross reticle on it It moves similarly to the way a CnC machine moves the machine head, so it is mechanically driven. The scale can be selected and different scale map cards inserted. It is a Doppler/Inertial system.
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2020, 08:05 PM   #797
cordite

Quote:
Yes, but we don’t yet know how DCS will implement that, which is what I was referring to. Maybe the dev in the Russian forum can answer. (Or not)
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #798
S.E.Bulba

Post Google Translate

Quote:
Probably either my Google Translate is too bad, or you inattentively read my posts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.E.Bulba View Post
… The difference between the Mi-24 automatic plotter and the Ka-50 automatic plotter is that in the Mi-24 the location of the helicopter is not indicated by a light spot, as in the Ka-50, but by a moving transparent tape with the mark of the helicopter's location. In addition, in the Mi-24 automatic plotter, charts need to be changed manually, while in the Ka-50 the charts are glued onto a roll and rewound automatically.
Spoiler:

<…>
Spoiler:
Original in Russian

… Разница между автоматическим картографическим планшетом Ми-24 и автоматическим картографическим планшетом Ка-50 состоит в том, что на Ми-24 местоположение вертолёта обозначается не световым пятном, как на Ка-50, а движущейся прозрачной лентой с отметкой местоположения вертолёта. Кроме того, в автоматическом картографическом планшете Ми-24 карты нужно менять вручную, в то время как на Ка-50 карты склеены в рулон и перематываются автоматически…

Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80(4.20)GHz, 6Mb, 1150MHz
MSI Z270-A Pro DDR4
Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Dual OC 8Gb
DDR4 2×16Gb @2400MHz
Kingston SSD M.2 PCI-E 3.0×2 480Gb
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X
TrackIR 5
Свободу Белсимтеку! Даёшь DCS: F-4E, DCS: AH-1S(MC)… и DCS: Ка-29ВПНЦУ!
S.E.Bulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #799
AeriaGloria

Yeah I must’ve misread it, thanks!
Old 02-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #800
Richard Dastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodlund View Post

If it's self-developed this far then it's actually looking quite promising but iirc it's a project that's awaiting the release of some other resource, like artwork or data or simply developers allocated to another project. I don't know how ED's in-house developers are arranged at the moment so it's a bit hard to predict where devs are going to be released from - would the P-47 team go to the Mi-24 or the Mosquito? *shrug*