DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion - Page 35 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 04:52 AM   #341
unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I almost didn't spot the 2nd appearance... but it's not a sign... it is TWO signs!
Actually it was 4 signs, 2 hinds appearing 2 times!!! Start the Hypetrain.....not. I think we will not see anything Hind related until fall 2019, if any. But i would be happy to be wrong here...the hope dies last.

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA
MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S
DCS - Settings
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #342
molevitch

A Christmas Carol

Where's our Mi-24 we whined,
And hotly grabbed a momentary view
In a short teaser video of new
Exciting stuff!(We've been "promised" before...).
It's Christmas, for Christ's sake, we deserve more!
The New Year looms, our wish still far Be Hind!

Merry Christmas Hind Lovers, and hoping on a Happy New Year!

Mag Brake in operation

molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:02 AM   #343
CajunJosh

It would be nice to get a bone. Just something like it's on the back burner and we might get it to you in early 2020 but no guarantees, just something at this point would be nice.
CajunJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #344
Maverick24

Default Did you noticed?

A few studios show up their upcoming aircraft during Christmas. The only thing ED did was hype video (despite everything was great), witch indicate a simple future. After Hornet hypes and his neverending updates, the Falcon will come with same unnecessary turmoil lasting another year or two. Did ED like biggest studio and developer cannot work on other projects (yes - Hind for example - did we not waiting for some info for long time??) and show us some progress? I am tired of Hornet Hornet Hornet Hornet again and again and what I can look forward in 2019? Falcon Falcon Falcon again and again.

It´s really shame that developer like ED for last one + years never has the balls to step up and tell some relevant informations about upcoming projects.

We were at some serious expectations and now is our thread in chit-chat room???!!! That is ridiculous and after all these years I am not afraid use the word offensive.

The only light at the end of a tunnell is upcoming Tomcat I very looking forward. Maybe I will shut up with my sickle for couple of weeks .

Have a nice rest of a Christmas and Hindy new year ;-).
Maverick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:15 AM   #345
AeriaGloria

FWIW I think there was a Hind in the background of one of of the hype video shots
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:58 AM   #346
OnlyforDCS
Veteran

I think that it's pretty clear that the Hind has been placed on the backburner. For how long? Who knows. But it seems that the ED is going for the low hanging fruit with the F16 pushed up to be the next module that ED/Belsimtek releases. I seriously doubt we will see the Hind anytime soon.

Not that anything is wrong with that, I mean they are a business after all and the popularity of the F16 will guarantee sales, and more importantly will bring in new users to DCS, it will also shut up old DCS users who have been clamoring for a new F16 simulation for years now.

I for one would prefer the Hind being next too, but it is what it is.
Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, TrackIR 5, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Saitek X52 throttle, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Last edited by OnlyforDCS; 12-27-2018 at 11:03 AM.
OnlyforDCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #347
Maverick24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
I think that it's pretty clear that the Hind has been placed on the backburner. For how long? Who knows. But it seems that the ED is going for the low hanging fruit with the F16 pushed up to be the next module that ED/Belsimtek releases. I seriously doubt we will see the Hind anytime soon.

Not that anything is wrong with that, I mean they are a business after all and the popularity of the F16 will guarantee sales, and more importantly will bring in new users to DCS, it will also shut up old DCS users who have been clamoring for a new F16 simulation for years now.

I for one would prefer the Hind being next too, but it is what it is.
Dont get me wrong, I am not questioning plans or bussiness of ED, I am not agree with the silence about Hind and other projects.

If small independend developer answering on questions When like "It´ll be done after I get it done", etc. I totally understand. But is ED a small developer? I really dont think so. If they "had a balls" like I wrote before, step up and tell the truth about Hind and some plans for it, maybe we would not be happy, but at least we would know what we can expect. As a fair answer I would take it humbly.

I understand, developing and working on simulator like DCS, is difficult to make and keep up in line but this kind of behavior to customers who spent quite of few money is not right. It is unproffesional and disrespectful. If I take studios around Kingdom Come or Witcher or Mass Effect, there was exceptional communication with comunity. Thinking about strategy and bussiness plans is not everything. What about thinking about being better in comunications to customers?? Today it´s a standart in game world - developers diary, interviews, short documetaries from development. We have nothing and if we ask for something, we get just a answers for children. That is what pissing of me.

I am not bouncing my head to table for not having Hind - I am bouncing my head to table for "I dont care" behavior from ED.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #348
Buzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick24 View Post
Dont get me wrong, I am not questioning plans or bussiness of ED, I am not agree with the silence about Hind and other projects.

If small independend developer answering on questions When like "It´ll be done after I get it done", etc. I totally understand. But is ED a small developer? I really dont think so. If they "had a balls" like I wrote before, step up and tell the truth about Hind and some plans for it, maybe we would not be happy, but at least we would know what we can expect. As a fair answer I would take it humbly.

I understand, developing and working on simulator like DCS, is difficult to make and keep up in line but this kind of behavior to customers who spent quite of few money is not right. It is unproffesional and disrespectful. If I take studios around Kingdom Come or Witcher or Mass Effect, there was exceptional communication with comunity. Thinking about strategy and bussiness plans is not everything. What about thinking about being better in comunications to customers?? Today it´s a standart in game world - developers diary, interviews, short documetaries from development. We have nothing and if we ask for something, we get just a answers for children. That is what pissing of me.

I am not bouncing my head to table for not having Hind - I am bouncing my head to table for "I dont care" behavior from ED.
Here's the problem with your view:

While you might be perfectly capable on being told news and responding sensibly, a vocal part of the community has shown time and time again it cannot and collectively blows a gasket when ED "misses" planned estimated dates, as some people take those dates as written in stone.

Same goes for WIP screenshots, info or anything like that. Some people don't understand WIP and are hyper critical.

The tl;dr: ED used to give out info but have been burnt too many times, so now they only put out info/screens etc.. of nearly finished work and never dates unless they are 100% sure they'll hit them.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #349
Maverick24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Here's the problem with your view:

While you might be perfectly capable on being told news and responding sensibly, a vocal part of the community has shown time and time again it cannot and collectively blows a gasket when ED "misses" planned estimated dates, as some people take those dates as written in stone.

Same goes for WIP screenshots, info or anything like that. Some people don't understand WIP and are hyper critical.

The tl;dr: ED used to give out info but have been burnt too many times, so now they only put out info/screens etc.. of nearly finished work and never dates unless they are 100% sure they'll hit them.

Yes I understand that. You´re probably right, but that is the problem. Noone had ask for release date. We just want to know what is status of development. Noone ever put some solid answer for our questions for more than 2 or 3 years. That is not normal niether to facts you wrote.

But yes. In every comunity are much more squallers than reasonable people. But that is not our fault. How the other game developers deal with it? Maybe it is just my point of view but I did not noticed that ED make any steps forward to comunity. Being insulted for such a long time or on the contrary being frightened, all for "we´ve got burn" is not a solution. And thats were my thing came of - that noone from ED does not care much about theese kind of steps to comunity.

About Hornet was informations at least every month a year before release...odd

EDIT: Norm was posted a message on DCS facebook page under winter sale video. Bo-105 and Hind are in active development.
But this is what we heard for two years.

Last edited by Maverick24; 12-27-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #350
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick24 View Post
A few studios show up their upcoming aircraft during Christmas. The only thing ED did was hype video (despite everything was great), witch indicate a simple future. After Hornet hypes and his neverending updates, the Falcon will come with same unnecessary turmoil lasting another year or two. Did ED like biggest studio and developer cannot work on other projects (yes - Hind for example - did we not waiting for some info for long time??) and show us some progress? I am tired of Hornet Hornet Hornet Hornet again and again and what I can look forward in 2019? Falcon Falcon Falcon again and again.

It´s really shame that developer like ED for last one + years never has the balls to step up and tell some relevant informations about upcoming projects.

We were at some serious expectations and now is our thread in chit-chat room???!!! That is ridiculous...

Have a nice rest of a Christmas and Hindy new year ;-).
+1

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote