I always thought it was a professor and their students
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:01 PM   #192
Gierasimov

Exclamation Something like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
I always thought it was a professor and their students
I know of one other person, beside Sergey who used to work on this project.

With all the work they did or are doing, according to their website, I am reluctant to believe it is in fact just one person doing it all.

Other than that, I had an impression last December that early access was close, that was based on several comments made by ED on the subject.

I understand that ED already passed their initial feedback, and the lack of any other information suggests, this map is not ready yet for this community to look at it, however I think we will see some information in not so distant future.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:32 AM   #193
dawgie79

Well, if it's only one guy, he's doing a great job so far on the Syria Map,although if that's the case, I suspect it will be a while before the map will be released:

Last edited by dawgie79; 04-27-2020 at 03:22 AM.
dawgie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:23 AM   #194
Avenger31

Last that i know is that site http://ugra-media.ru/ is dead, no more pictures or any news on this map.
Avenger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:20 AM   #195
Pikey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger31 View Post
Last that i know is that site http://ugra-media.ru/ is dead, no more pictures or any news on this map.
That's fairly recent^^
But it doesn't mean anything, I can invent a few stories like, didnt/forgot to pay their web hosting bill, took a job on the terrain team at ED, formed a new company, sold it, took it down to stop all the annoying speculation.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #196
FoxOne007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
I know of one other person, beside Sergey who used to work on this project.

With all the work they did or are doing, according to their website, I am reluctant to believe it is in fact just one person doing it all.

Other than that, I had an impression last December that early access was close, that was based on several comments made by ED on the subject.

I understand that ED already passed their initial feedback, and the lack of any other information suggests, this map is not ready yet for this community to look at it, however I think we will see some information in not so distant future.
I really really do hope so, and that this has not been abandoned
Old 04-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #197
Stratos
Veteran

And they said nothing yet about Cyprus right? Apart from the Akrotiri air base (that would add a lot of playable options), it will allow us to represent the 1974 invasion as well and related what if conflicts.

Last edited by Stratos; 04-23-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:04 AM   #198
Plagi_Arism

I didn't want to mention it before - because it will be refuted right away and calling it utter BlackShark - but the development of the map has been stopped/postponed for more than a year ago for political reasons (due to military/government(s) considerations) <the situation escalated quickly at that time>.
Oh, and the same is true to the Afghanistan map - been a while now.

You know guys it isn't "just a game".
Old 04-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #199
Gierasimov

Default Not quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxOne007 View Post
I really really do hope so, and that this has not been abandoned
I think abandoning it now and accepting incurred cost as a loss would not be good for the business if that business is to be sustained.

ED confirmed that the developer is working on improvements to their Normandy map and that is the reason they have paused with their Middle East project, if at all.

Times are extraordinary, and everything is subject to change, I am actually happy there was no early access of unfinished map yet which I'd spend money on.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:54 AM   #200
FoxOne007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plagi_Arism View Post
I didn't want to mention it before - because it will be refuted right away and calling it utter BlackShark - but the development of the map has been stopped/postponed for more than a year ago for political reasons (due to military/government(s) considerations) <the situation escalated quickly at that time>.
Oh, and the same is true to the Afghanistan map - been a while now.

You know guys it isn't "just a game".
This is actually far from true, I spoke to BigNewy in PM about URGA's and the Syria map's status and he assured me that Urga is still working on the Syria map with internal feedback been given by ED, and are working on improvements on Normandy too. they hope to share more info again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
I think abandoning it now and accepting incurred cost as a loss would not be good for the business if that business is to be sustained.

ED confirmed that the developer is working on improvements to their Normandy map and that is the reason they have paused with their Middle East project, if at all.

Times are extraordinary, and everything is subject to change, I am actually happy there was no early access of unfinished map yet which I'd spend money on.
Yeah indeed, I haven't lost hope (read above comment)