The Yak-52 is Nice

Emra

I realize it needs finish but I am glad I picked her up. Being so used to jets she seems painfully slow but the Yak is nice for a little change-up. Cross wind landing are a treat. Wish I could fly it in my "other" sim as well. Nevertheless, I am glad I picked her up.

Cheers

I like it, too. It's extreme light weight results in some interesting behavior you won't notice in the larger, heavier aircraft. It was in the Yak that I discovered they apparently model thermals to some extent, often found under cumulus clouds. At least, I STRONGLY suspevt as much, as my previously level aircraft suddenly began rising as I passed under a cloud and stopped as I came out the other side. Behaved exactly as the gliders do when I enter a thermal in RL.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I spend as much time in the Yak as any other plane. I'm happy to just tool around and enjoy the maps, and to land on the occasional aircraft carrier.

Nevada and the Persian Gulf at dawn and dusk are fantastic in the Yak just for the pleasure of flying.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the yak based on this thread , despite not wanting it before, and it is really a not bad experience. A bit fun, a bit different, spending time buzzing cargo ships and sailboats in Persian gulf. Surprisingly enjoyable.

Yet at the same time, I'm a little disappointed at the state of this thing, and why it's still EA. Perhaps it didn't sell well enough to be a priority to finish yet,.but considering it's the least complicated aircraft ED has put out it seems it could've been finished quite quickly, without going into EA even-its not like this has many complex systems

Still, this could be useful in new types of gameplay..like an inter-island bushplane on the Marianas map, or a spotter plane. I'm confused at the reasoning not to include the armed variant, allowing players to fly it as an aerobatic plane as well as for military applications

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE