Most effective mode for LD-10

FoxTrotAlpha691

I am trying to determine the most effective mode for using the LD-10 against know SAM sites. To this point I have been using them in SP mode and waiting until I receive a 'MISSILE LAUNCH' warning then firing them and going defensive. Is the ACT mode better than this approach? I have not had much luck using ACT mode so I am sure I am doing something noobish and not deploying the missile properly.

I am trying to determine the most effective mode for using the LD-10 against know SAM sites. To this point I have been using them in SP mode and waiting until I receive a 'MISSILE LAUNCH' warning then firing them and going defensive. Is the ACT mode better than this approach? I have not had much luck using ACT mode so I am sure I am doing something noobish and not deploying the missile properly.

You dont need wait for missile lunch you can engage sam with SP when its lock at you

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

ACT is better when you have the idea where the SAM is. It more like a PB mode of HARM which lacks the DLZ indication. This mode can get good use of LD10's range.

SP is a fast mode to use which U have no idea where the SAM is.

PAS is not very precise since U have complete no idea where the missile will go.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

SP can be very good at off boresight. One time I was taking out a SAM in Bandar Abbas and fired when it locked me but a SAM in Seerik also locked me so my SP missile went towards Seerik making a nice 6-7G turn flew all the way and killed the SAM in Seerik.

At the same time I fired in Passive mode and since I was pointing at the SAMs at Bandar Abbas they went there

I’ve been meaning to try shooting behind you, I tried it on release trying to get them to go after air targets that STT and missiles but that capability seems to have been removed, give it enough time to turn and less range to compensate and it’s surprising what you can do

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

SP can be very good at off boresight. One time I was taking out a SAM in Bandar Abbas and fired when it locked me but a SAM in Seerik also locked me so my SP missile went towards Seerik making a nice 6-7G turn flew all the way and killed the SAM in Seerik.

At the same time I fired in Passive mode and since I was pointing at the SAMs at Bandar Abbas they went there

I’ve been meaning to try shooting behind you, I tried it on release trying to get them to go after air targets that STT and missiles but that capability seems to have been removed, give it enough time to turn and less range to compensate and it’s surprising what you can do

Don't see why they removed it. You can do that in real life. Also, an F18 hit a B52 radar gunner position with a HARM, so it can go for planes.

Who knows, maybe it really can’t do it in real life, if it can It might be really specific circumstances they don’t want to share. It would be tactically useful, but I’m sure that will be a feature in later generation LD-10, CM-102, CM-400AKG. CM-400AKG would be pretty overkill for anything but AWACS, sure it might be worth it, but the damn thing is basically a MLRS rocket with tri guidance seeker.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

There is likely a division in DCS between air and ground based radars which means that ARMs only chase ground emitters (game limitation).

In reality, ARMs are programmed with a 'library' of one or more emitters (the same thing that let's your RWR tell radar types apart). This library determines what the missile can home in on. Loose parameters in the library can lead to incidents like the HARM getting launched at a B52 gun radar.