3D Printed A-10 Fuel Control Panel

Blue73

Hi,

Thought I'd share a 3D printing idea I'm considering to see if it's feasible to 3D print panels. Everything is printed including all knobs and screws. The switches and POTs are push fit to make maintenance easier. There's a mode switch on the back so I can change the button profile between the A-10 fuel panel to a generic button box. E.g. landing gear replaces the fuel door receiver and the top buttons controls the electrics. I primarily play in VR so the aesthetics aren't important.

RoU2pxl.png

80A9ocw.jpg

kgI5zlm.jpg

pUgJEFH.jpg

STL Files

A-10C Fuel Control Panel.zip

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73
  • Like 1

What kind of price are you looking at selling for?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Looks great!

I'm very interested in that fuel lever knob on its own.

Ive been hunting one, or even a 3D model of one I can get printed for ages.

Well done!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks!

If you give me your dimensions of what it needs to connect to I'd be happy to modify the socket then send you the lever handle STL file.

I filled then sanded the top surface to get a smooth surface, it was also printed in HIPS for easy sanding.

Cheers

John.

Edited by Blue73

Thanks!

If you give me your dimensions of what it needs to connect to I'd be happy to modify the socket then send you the lever handle STL file.

I filled then sanded the top surface to get a smooth surface, it was also printed in HIPS for easy sanding.

Cheers

John.

You are a legend.

I haven't designed the lever mechanism as yet, so I can make it around what you have already designed.

I'll pm you my email.

Cheers mate!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nicely done Sir:thumbup: What did you use for the push-pull switches? looks like circuit breakers.

Looking forward to see more where that's coming from.

Cheers

Hans

Thanks Hans. Nothing interesting like that, they're just toggle push-button switches.

Really Nice !

Did you print all in one part ? or different ones ?

Do you have pictures of the different parts ? or stl files ?

what kind of printer did you use ?

Thanks mate.

It's in 3 main pieces,

1. Top panel with all switch sockets as one lump of plastic

2. Main box section that houses the Arduino and Fuel receiver mechanism.

3. Pitched base that sleeves into the main box.

Other small things like the top panel screws, component clips and knobs were printed separately.

Happy to share the stl files but they are custom designed for the switches I used so wouldn't be of much use.

Its all printed in ABS on a Zortrax M200, 0.14mm layer height.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old post.

Could you share your files? I like the base forming an extension of the throttle.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Blue did I miss where you posted the files or have you not got around to it yet I like the box setup and may use it when I get my 3D printer if you don’t mind I’m thinking of building a custom button box using the basic design.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi James, Hand painted :) I embossed the lettering so I could flood each letter with white acrylic paint.

If I had a 3D printer with a glass bed I could have printed it face down and got a polished top face.

Edited by Blue73