Set own theme?

GC1993

C:\Games\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Skins\1\ME

as example, if FC3 wallpaper is active, those pictures are in use, you can change them, dont know though if they will stay when an update is applied.

you could however use the wunderluft module example, place the pictures there and use that mod as "wallpaper mod", so you dont alter the core install at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

if you want to make sure they stay, then do the second thing i said.

i.e.:

go there: C:\Games\DCS World\Mods\tech

- create folder "Wallpaper"

- go into the combined arms folder, copy the "skins" folder and "entry.lua" file into the "wallpaper" folder

- edit the lua like below:

declare_plugin("Wallpaper",
{
image          = "CA.bmp",
installed      = true, -- if false that will be place holder , or advertising
dirName           = current_mod_path,

shortName = 'Wallpaper',
fileMenuName = _("CA"),
update_id        = "Wallpaper",
version         = "1.2.14",         
state         = "installed",
info         = _("My private Wallpapers."),

Skins    = 
   {
       {
           name    = _("Wallpaper"),
           dir        = "Skins/1"
       },
   },
})
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mount_vfs_texture_path(current_mod_path ..  "/Skins/1/ME")--for simulator loading window
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
plugin_done()

- save it

- change pictures in skinfolder as desired

- go ingame, hit the icon and select your wallpaper

did that myself, working fine, and will not be deleted on update ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• 3 years later...

Does this method work in DCS 1.5.8 or 2.5.2? I tried but no success...

I cannot get icon to display in the main sim window.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Does this method work in DCS 1.5.8 or 2.5.2? I tried but no success...

I cannot get icon to display in the main sim window.

It does work, but you have to put the Mod on the Saved Games filetree:

r5GvDY0.jpg

only problem I saw was that the custom photos show up much darker than what you see on the windows viewer (same thing happens with photos that you put on the kneeboard, they show up much darker than they really are) like if DCS used a much different gamma than windows' desktop.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 months later...

Want to change all the stock photos. Tried the method above but it's not working.

1. copied the skins folder and entry.lua into Saved Games >DCSopenbets>Mods>tech>Wallpaper
  2. Copied the code from above and pasted over the existing code in the .lua
  3. changed the pictures in skin folder as desired(Not sure if I'm supposed to replicate the file tree within the skins folder or not. I did and named my pic the same as the original pic and moved it to a new folder named original.)
  4. Click on icon to change background. (Not so much)

Any help would be appreciated.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Want to change all the stock photos. Tried the method above but it's not working.

But, why do you want to change the stock ones? .. it isnt a good idea as that implies changing the program's files ... with the subsequent problem that they will be wiped out during updates, and the chance that Miltiplayer will fail the Integrity Check.

Its much better to add a new "Module", whose only function is to display a wall paper you like ... this new Module goes on /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech and thus doesnt have any drawback ... it works well for me:

E641UeX.jpg

:)

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ok got it figured.

Would you care to share? i'm stuck with the same problem here.

Don't have CA either, so can't follow that route.

Found the solution too. I've uploaded the "wallpaper module" and install instructions to the User Files here (pending moderator approval) to save people going through the same hassle. Search for the "wallpaper module".

S!

Edited by Katmandu

Would you care to share? i'm stuck with the same problem here.

Don't have CA either, so can't follow that route.

Found the solution too. I've uploaded the "wallpaper module" and install instructions to the User Files here (pending moderator approval) to save people going through the same hassle. Search for the "wallpaper module".

S!

Hey Katmandu,

Glad you got it worked out. I wasn't happy with my fix. Sorry I didn't see the earlier.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 4 years later...

where did you get that picture . ? looks great 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .