Controls, Settings, and Progress Migration for DCS World 2.5 OpenBeta to 2.5 Release

The_Ders

Hello,

I have left 2.5 OpenBeta intact (still installed), and have now installed 2.5 Release. However, nothing was migrated. No controls, settings, logbook, campaign / mission progress...

Are users expected to manually migrate all of these things over?

Best,

I had to manually move my settings over. Everything worked fine once I copied the config folder in saved games over.

Asus Strix X299-XE, Intel 7820X @4.6ghz, 32GB G.Skill Ram, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro x64, WinWing F-18 Hotas, Couger MFD's, TrackIR, Buttkicker, Volairsim pit.

You probably know which Saved Games location deltaleader wrote above, so just two bonus hints: /Config/Input folder is where all controls settings are stored, /MissionEditor/logbook.lua file is where all your logbook and campaign records are stored.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Strange question perhaps, but what is the difference between the O.B. and the stable release?

I did nothing at all; all I got was an update for the updater, and the only difference I notice is on the startscreen that all icons are labeled "2.5""; instead of "NTTR 2.2" it now says "NTTR 2.5" and so on.

The user/saved games dir still says "DCS Open Beta".

I have 3 folders in saved games. Now that I am on 2.5, which 2 can I delete?

DCS

DCS.openalpha

DCS.openbeta

I moved the last 2 out and left the DCS one. I suspect it will work but it's not time to test yet(sipping coffee).

<Edit> That's the ticket.

Edited by DeepDrummer
New information

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Strange question perhaps, but what is the difference between the O.B. and the stable release?

I did nothing at all; all I got was an update for the updater, and the only difference I notice is on the startscreen that all icons are labeled "2.5""; instead of "NTTR 2.2" it now says "NTTR 2.5" and so on.

The user/saved games dir still says "DCS Open Beta".

Interesting.... I updated from stable 1.5.8 to 2.5 OB using the updater command line update @openbeta about 6 weeks ago. All went well. The other day, I ran the command line update @release, nothing appeared to happen until the dialog box appeared saying I was already on the latest update version. My Saved Games directory has ..../DCS World/.... in it. Nothing about openbeta in the file structure. So maybe it did switch to release. I have not downloaded the release version from the website. Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM