PG Map is SPECTACULAR!

wilbur81

• 2 weeks later...

Isnt it? :)

Ive been spending a few hours every evening since the final release into OB, with just flying around the map, low, high, fast, slow, intercepting various AI, shooting them down, flying in formation with them, be it high or low, or just plain ignoring them and doing my own thing, what ever it was at that particular moment in time.

From all perspectives the map is just fantastic, and especially Iran has some really amazing terrain features, that is well worth exploring from any altitude.

My favorite thing has been flying low, like really low in the F-5 and just caressing the terrain features, while listening to endless streams of 80's synth. Be it ridges, valleys, flat plains or recessed dried out riverbeds (nice touch btw), and ripping the laundry off the strings in the various villages. Almost reaching a state of therapeutic trance.

Really well done, ED map team. Very much looking forward to future maps of yours :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Bought It with easter sales. Very big and detailed, but It seems to me like a bigger Nevada: same desert textures, same big empty spaces. Here we have more detailed cities and not just one (Las Vegas) as in Nevada map, and in addition here there's the Sea, so maritime operations not doable in Nevada. Just to be clear: I love this map and I love Nevada map too, but for the next map I hope for something different (yes, I know we'll have Afghanistan and Syria, so other desert Is on its way, but please do something else too).

but for the next map I hope for something different (yes, I know we'll have Afghanistan and Syria, so other desert Is on its way, but please do something else too).
Go check some Google Earth and actual pics of the thing. It's been discussed before how Syria is not exactly the "desert" you might expect. It's surprisingly green indeed.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

...This map is massive and spectacular!

Indeed!

I personally love to explore landscapes, and for this one I preserved a week of just flying and stunning ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Another thing I forgot to mention, which is something Im pleased about every time I fly on PG, is that the scale of things seems more accurate, compared to Caucasus. So at any altitude I feel like the sense of speed is more accurate, along with judging altitude. Just feels right on PG :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

True and valid

Isnt it? :)

Almost reaching a state of therapeutic trance.

Really well done, ED map team. Very much looking forward to future maps of yours :thumbup:.

Just feels right on PG

Remarkably well said.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta