Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

A small update - we finished working together with Kevin Miller on the list of 15 missions that will be included in the campaign, so the general outline is there. Also, with the help of Jell-O and Fighter Pilot Podcast team, we are preparing documentation, kneeboard and briefing templates to bring them as much as possible to those used in real life. List of voice actors for the main roles is practically ready. The skins for Ravens and Buccaneers, together with pilots with helmet decals and arm patches, are WiP with good progress (thanks komemiute!). Exciting times!
Great and all the best.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

This has just made me buy the book :)

When is the predicted campaign release, roughly?

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Hey, don't get yourself excluded for no reason. PG is a perfect terrain in my opinion compared to what is available today in DCS.

It is well worth getting it, probably there will be some sort of sale by the time this campaign is ready anyway. Perhaps even a bundle (just a thought)...

True! PG is the best MAP in my opinion and I'm so amped up for this one...better get my Traps happening! Good Christmas present to ourselves..

;)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

And do grab Kevin Miller's novel - it is a great read for all Hornet fans.

Thanks for the tip, just purchased the first book to get in the mood for your campaign :)

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The Hornet's TGP function can't come soon enough, especially for this if anything.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I've read all 4 of the books and loved every second of them. I can't wait for this campaign! Any chance of a sneak preview of any of the content at this point?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gigabyte B450M | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32Gb RAM | EVGA RTX 2070 XC | TM WH HOTAS w/Deltasim's slew sensor upgrade on custom desk mounts | TM Cougar MFD's in 3D-printed enclosures w/screens | TrackIr 5 Pro w/TrackClip Pro | TCL 46" 4K, Acer 27" | Win 10 64bit | An uncomfortable amount of DCS modules

Wow, this is going to be great! I read all of the books...can't wait! Thank you for putting this all together!

The Hornet's TGP function can't come soon enough, especially for this if anything.

I wonder if we will need to wait for the ATFLIR or if the LITENING will work.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I would like to suggest that we will be able to play the campaign together with a wingman ( player ).

DCS has no support for Campaigns on MP mode ... only for Single Player.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've read all 4 of the books and loved every second of them. I can't wait for this campaign! Any chance of a sneak preview of any of the content at this point?

I will post some screenshots once we make some more progress on the skins - which should be very soon. Yesterday I built pretty solid mission logic allowing you to go on 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 engagements against other pilots from your squadron... works pretty well!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

All 4? Did I miss an edition? I thought the Raven series spans only 3 books (Raven One, Declared Hostile, Fight Fight)...:huh:

All 4? Did I miss an edition? I thought the Raven series spans only 3 books (Raven One, Declared Hostile, Fight Fight)...:huh:
There is another novel (High Desert Reflections), but for Kindle only. This a 40 page short story

I will post some screenshots once we make some more progress on the skins - which should be very soon. Yesterday I built pretty solid mission logic allowing you to go on 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 engagements against other pilots from your squadron... works pretty well!
I don't usually get excited in advance of campaign releases, but the books are so well done and I've loved all the missions I've played from Baltic dragon, so I'm pumped for this one! Can't wait for screenshots, yo!

Gigabyte B450M | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32Gb RAM | EVGA RTX 2070 XC | TM WH HOTAS w/Deltasim's slew sensor upgrade on custom desk mounts | TM Cougar MFD's in 3D-printed enclosures w/screens | TrackIr 5 Pro w/TrackClip Pro | TCL 46" 4K, Acer 27" | Win 10 64bit | An uncomfortable amount of DCS modules

I’ve sent the first batch to Kevin Miller and Jell-o yesterday and they had some really good remarks on what needs to change, so we’re now working on incorporating these. To give you example of level of detail we are looking at: did you know that for USAF it is OK to have the round patch on square Velcro on the flight suit (so that Velcro is visible from underneath the patch), but Navy Pilots always make sure that the size and shape of Velcro is exactly the same as of the patch? And our Raven pilot had some Velcro visible (yes, we’re making pilots with squadron patches, their own callsigns and names on the jets).

So if the patches get this level of attention, the same will happen with all the other aspects of missions - comms, dialogues, briefings, procedures etc.

I will post some screenshots when everyone is happy with the skins.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I’ve sent the first batch to Kevin Miller and Jell-o yesterday and they had some really good remarks on what needs to change, so we’re now working on incorporating these. To give you example of level of detail we are looking at: did you know that for USAF it is OK to have the round patch on square Velcro on the flight suit (so that Velcro is visible from underneath the patch), but Navy Pilots always make sure that the size and shape of Velcro is exactly the same as of the patch? And our Raven pilot had some Velcro visible (yes, we’re making pilots with squadron patches, their own callsigns and names on the jets).

So if the patches get this level of attention, the same will happen with all the other aspects of missions - comms, dialogues, briefings, procedures etc.

I will post some screenshots when everyone is happy with the skins.

Go! Go! Go!

Immersive details is great for the game.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Just bought the Raven one book and reading it to get me well situated when the campaign come around.

Nice. Be warned though.. when you finish it you will immediately want to buy “Declared Hostile” and “Fight Fight” as well...
No qualms, I will look forward to those ones. Thanks for the recommendation. Cheers and God's speed.