Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Hi how I can uninstall Kneeboard Builder completely ?

Bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.6.9.0 Released

Version 1.6.9.0 is now available.

- Fixed custom kneeboard size and colors violating DCS integry checks

- Custom kneeboard profiles can now be applied to individual aircraft

- Default MiG-21 kneeboard size and color can once again be customized

- Added lite mode option to user preferences

- Updated user's manual

This update includes a major overhaul of the kneeboard profile system. Custom kneeboard positions and colors will no longer cause integrity check violations. It is now also possible to load kneeboard profiles for individual aircraft and the default MiG-21 kneeboard can be customized again. The only aircraft that can't have individual profiles loaded into DCS are the Flaming Cliffs aircraft.

The manual has been updated to include these changes. Hopefully the GUI will be intuitive enough to figure out, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

A short explanation on Lite Mode. It restores all modified core DCS files to their originals and prevents Kneeboard Builder from making any further changes to any core DCS files. With Lite Mode selected you will not be able to customize the positions or colors of any aircraft kneeboards, but you can still modify the contents of the kneeboards. Lite Mode is the only form of an uninstall option that I have at the moment.

This is such a big update that there is a good chance you will find a bug here or there. Please report them so I can get them fixed.

Have a happy new year!

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Yes,,, many thanks sir! Happy New Year

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I used to employ the kneeboard and your Utility quite a bit, but nowadays I've destined as a "Flight Manual e-reader" an old iPad 1 that I had lying around ... as PDF reader I'm using an old version of "GoodReader" (the new one isn't compatible with the iOS 5 of this iPad).

I imagine tough that for those that are into VR, the kneeboard is harder to replace :)

Anyway, thanks a lot for the Utility and for sharing it with us,

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Still crash on startup for me.

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com

Thanks for the update.

two small things I wish to ask:

1. do you think something can be done about this little tiny annoying windows placing? Every time I update the app I (we?) must hunt for the OK or close button that always gets under the splash screen like in the picture :D

mSf4rgb.jpg

2. Do you think this bug presented here (but not confined to Mirage only) can be related to Kneeboard Builder app by strange chance?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2991720

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Can someone help me with the kneeboard resolution for VR? The height looks okay in game but the width seems all squished together. I went into kneeboard builder settings to tweak it and position but its unclear to me if I want to be tweaking DCS resolution or Kneeboard size? I would think size and adjust width right??? Thanks in advance Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Addendum- so I guess I realize what the problem is. I was trying to add Chucks guides to the kneeboard, but since his pages are more horizontally oriented than vertical it's looking messed up. Any thoughts on how to correct this or is it doable?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Addendum- so I guess I realize what the problem is. I was trying to add Chucks guides to the kneeboard, but since his pages are more horizontally oriented than vertical it's looking messed up. Any thoughts on how to correct this or is it doable?

You can create a kneeboard profile in 'Kneeboard Settings' and change the size to more of a landscape orientation. Switch to that profile when you wan't to use Chuck's guides. The downside is the map and default kneeboard pages will look distorted.

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done if your kneeboard images are mixed between portrait and landscape orientations other than possibly rotating the landscapes to portrait or visa versa. It is a limitation of the DCS kneeboard. It would be nice if each kneeboard page could set its own orientation and size.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

1. do you think something can be done about this little tiny annoying windows placing? Every time I update the app I (we?) must hunt for the OK or close button that always gets under the splash screen like in the picture :D

I just released version 1.6.9.3 that fixes this. (However you won't notice until the next update)

2. Do you think this bug presented here (but not confined to Mirage only) can be related to Kneeboard Builder app by strange chance?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2991720

I'll take a look.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Version 1.6.9.3 Released

Version 1.6.9.3 is now available.

- New Updater

- GUI improvements

- Removed unnecessary files from the Kneeboard Builder base folder

You won't actually see the updater improvements until you update the next time.

The 'import completed' and 'build custom kneeboard completed' popup dialogs have been moved to the taskbar notification by default. If you prefer the popup dialogs, uncheck 'Display Taskbar Notifications' in 'Preferences'.

• Like 1

Thanks for the hard work, but I'm having a litle problem with any modified Kneeboard that I try to use.

No Matter what settings I have, including Lite mode, the User Mark point does not appear in any Kneeboard positioned by KneeboardBuilder.

Ones that have not been setup in KneeboardBuilder (and have the kneeboard in its original position off to the right) do show the User Markpoints.

Waypoints and lines show up correctly, and use any custom colours, but not user marks, I tried different colours and varying Alpha settings to no avail.

Thanks for the hard work, but I'm having a litle problem with any modified Kneeboard that I try to use.

No Matter what settings I have, including Lite mode, the User Mark point does not appear in any Kneeboard positioned by KneeboardBuilder.

Ones that have not been setup in KneeboardBuilder (and have the kneeboard in its original position off to the right) do show the User Markpoints.

Waypoints and lines show up correctly, and use any custom colours, but not user marks, I tried different colours and varying Alpha settings to no avail.

Thanks for catching that. I've located the problem and will work on getting a fix out.