missing tadpole - is this fixed?

karpiyon

Hi,

In some missions the tadpole is missing/stuck in the middle:

I think this was reported months ago and was closed.

Is this verified bug?

I am doing the same sequence as i usually do and of course INS has completed.

Yet in some missions the tadpole points were is should and in others it is stuck

I have read the manual.

I get the blinking "Ready" when the alignment completes.

As you can see in the image, it's not an alignment offset - it shows no distance to any way point.

This happened to me a few months ago and was gone after an update.

Now it reappeared.

Dan

The thing is I am not seen this in Open Beta 2.5.5.41962

I set the INS knob to Norm alignment, re enter the Lat and Long at wait until time is 8.8 and .6 alignment. After doing, set INS knob to nav, that gets me distance and slant range to all Steer points/ way points. Both in NTTR and Caucasus.

What version are you using? What map? could you load a quick track?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I am using the latest version.

I happens on the default map & Persian gulf Map. haven't tested it on Nevada yet.

I follow the INS procedure as you suggest but could I ask you to simple start the F16 and NOT try to align the INS, simply switch it to Norm alignment and then Nav.

Do you see the tadpole?

I also watched the startup tutorials and even though they were created before the INS was implemented you can see the tadpole.

As I stated earlier - I tired auto startup but that did not help.

I am using the latest version.

I happens on the default map & Persian gulf Map. haven't tested it on Nevada yet.

I follow the INS procedure as you suggest but could I ask you to simple start the F16 and NOT try to align the INS, simply switch it to Norm alignment and then Nav.

Do you see the tadpole?

I also watched the startup tutorials and even though they were created before the INS was implemented you can see the tadpole.

As I stated earlier - I tired auto startup but that did not help.

Even Auto-startup you still need to align the jet.

Start the jet.

Set the INS knob to Norm

Once the INS page comes up on the DED, confirm each line of the initial position (ICP Enter, dobber down, enter, dobber down, enter, dobber down etc until you've confirmed each line, lat, long and height). After about 8.5 mins the top line of the INS page on the DED should read INS 08.5 / 6 RDY, at that point turn the INS knob to NAV. It should work fine.

You can do stored heading align as well, you need to confirm heading as well as Lat, Long and Height. The alignment on Stored heading will only reach 10 precision instead of 6.

Both alignment procedures will result in a working tadpole.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.