VR Wing Sweep Override handle / cockpit control woes

Eldur

Just had the problem I couldn't get it into oversweep orderly in VR.

First off, it's impossible to drag the thing...

And then when using the thumbstick to "scroll", it just goes around. Instead of ending at oversweep, it goes around though the end and ends up full forward. Same would happen with the scroll wheel of a mouse BTW.

Similarly, I couldn't set the TCN course in steps less than 3° which were the scroll increments of the thumbstick. Dragging is impossible as well, at least I could not get it done...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

By "thing" you mean the emergency wing sweep handle? I don't have any problems moving it in VR by clicking and dragging, but it must be in the up position in order for it to move. I've noticed that with a ramp start or hot parking start, the wing sweep handle is in Over Sweep and pressed down, which is impossible for the player to do, so the lever's operation logic does seem a bit weird.

Are you using the mouse or a VR controller? rainbowdashwink.png

Mouse works the same in VR as it does on a screen. Having those issues with the Rift Touch controllers. But I suspect this is a DCS issue, just doesn't appear as obvious in the Hornet for example as it simply lacks the things to be controlled that way.

But the wing sweep override handle "rotating through" is definately HB's issue and a pretty common one which often can be found on rotaries of any 3rd party cockpit. That bug has been reported already months ago.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

First off, it's impossible to drag the thing...

And then when using the thumbstick to "scroll", it just goes around. Instead of ending at oversweep, it goes around though the end and ends up full forward. Same would happen with the scroll wheel of a mouse BTW.

I can confirm this bug. Using my mouse wheel makes the lever jump forward when reaching the full rearward position.

Since I nearly never fly the Cat without VR, I cannot say if the problem exists only in VR.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I have just tested - it happens in flat screen as well with a mouse wheel

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 9 months later...

I'm still struggling with this. Using the touch controllers to try and put the wings into oversweep is ridiculously complicated.

I "right click" (controller upside down for blue line) to move the handle up, then try to use the thumb wheel to scroll it back. It moves a bit, then stops, then won't move, then moves a bit more, then finally moves, then hits the back and rolls all the way back to the front. Then I have to try the whole infuriating exercise over again.

Has anyone found a consistently easy way to do this using touch controllers?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Not a fix, but this hack not only makes setting the emergency wingsweep relatively painless, it actually increases immersion and makes it pleasant even in VR:

Hopefully the axis and toggle gets incorporated as a standard binding by Heatblur.

Note that the behavior is still problematic / buggy, but more for aesthetic reasons (i.e. you cannot actually stow the handle in oversweep mode, which does not break anything):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271868

Cool, I’ll try that, thx!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Hi there! The bug with the wing sweep lever and mouse scrolling is still there.

When scrolling the lever into oversweep with the mousewheel, it will go through the "fullly backward" setting and immediately jump to the "zero/ full forward" setting. This makes it VERY hard to set the wings on oversweep. Also happens when using the key bindings.

Could you please fix this?