Having to depress the weapons selector...

Eldur

... to get it from OFF to GUN and back. Why is that not modelled? Would appreciate this for realism twilightsmile.png

I mean, we also have to depress the TDC slew thingy for the Mavs in the Hornet - although there is an option to disable the need because of TMWH issues.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Maybe they find time to implement this for the 2 to 5 nerds building their own flightsticks from scratch. I prefer not to press another button and hold it down while pressing the weapon selector switch... but as an option, why not.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Huh? OFF is the most downward position, GUN is one step "up".

Yeah, maybe you have to depress the switch to be able to move it forward (I actually don't know), but why would you want to have that modelled? If you are asking for something like that, then you should also ask for the bigger switches that have to be pulled out a bit in order to be moved ...

This is a safety feature on the real stick, not sure I see the reason for forcing a thing like this with an additional keybind if you do not have a stick with this function.

And if you do have a stick with this function it will work anyway as it is a physical limitation inhibiting movement between OFF and GUN unless you depress it.

Well, we have to uncover switches separately as well (OK, you introduced those "lift cover + flip switch" keybinds to skip that step there), so why not? And there's no need for another keybind, depress is already there, so we now have to have 3 keybinds and that wouldn't change. The animation basically already works when switching from gun to off BTW. And I guess options are always nice to have twilightsmile.png

Also it might be useful to have a stop there when switching from SP/PH or SW down to guns in the heat of the battle. IRL you'd just pull that thing down, we've got to press a button though, 1 or 2 times dependant on where we are at. It's easier just to spam it twice anyway to make sure selecting the gun here without running into deselecting weapons altogether.

Ofc I could just use the select gun mapping, but then I'd really have to use a fourth keybind to get everything rainbowdashwink.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

What I meant is that either you have the functionality on your physical switch, otherwise you'd have to press another button other than the weapons selector to enable movement which in itself breaks emersion even more.

I'll talk to the coders about it but it'll probably be a bit down the list as it's likely not a quick addition as we'd have to add an option to enable this functionality for those that want it.

This has now been implemented (need to keep weapon selector pressed when moving between GUN and OFF), with a new special option to enable this behaviour (default off, i.e. behaves as before unless you change the option).

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]