[NO BUG] FW-190 D9 Seat position and VR

Headwarp

There are some older threads on this I'm sure, but these days we have VR, and I just picked up a Samsung Odyssey recently.

It feels really awkward starting in the plane with my left eye aligned to the gunsight feeling like I'm smushed against the right side of the cockpit and my head going through the glass when I look around. I understand why it's like this, to make it easier for people without headtracking, and it also helped me when I was using TrackIR.

However - I'd really like the option to start from the center of the seat, as it lines my right eye up with the crosshair perfectly in VR.

(revelation about why the german gunsights were off to the right to begin with)

In short - I think we need an option to start centered in our seats in this aircraft especially in VR. Perhaps a new checkbox in the "special" menu, or a keybind that lets you switch between a center seat view, or center crosshair view for the benefit of all users.

I do not have the BF-109 K4 module, but I imagine I'd run into the same issue.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Edit: never mind

You can save your own default View Setting..

This is what you are looking for ..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105224

Thanks I'll see if I can manage to set up a default snap view I like. Still.. I don't think it would hurt to have a centered view as some kind of "Default" to begin with. ;)

Edit: FWIW looking through that thread one of the instructions is to pause TrackIR. I'm not certain there is a way to pause vr like you could TrackIR. Through enough tedium I may get it sorted, but it's going to require fumbling around blindly for my keyboard while trying to hold completely still, or try to do it on screen with my keyboard and mouse. For future installations and new DCS VR users, I'd hope ED could see the usefulness of an option for a default centered view without the involved hassle from the end user. At the very least VR users should in my opinion start centered in the seat, it's not like TrackIR where it was hard to find the right spot. Although, a keybind that switches between a centered view, or a lined up with optical sight view has been used in older sims and would be acceptable and likely appreciated by non VR users as well.

Thanks for the work around - I tried this last night but I was doing something wrong. Randomly feeling my way out from ralt to rctrl and hitting num 0 eventually put me where I wanted to be in my seat. Easier than I thought.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

:music_whistling:

The image in the post shows the solution. You can select a default view for the cockpit. I don't know what's it in english, but I had the same problem as the thread starter described and changing the initial position fixed it for me!

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...