[RESOLVED]Spitfire broken in multiplayer

Maffers

Hello, I'm having real trouble with the spit in multiplayer at the moment. Some of the problems I've encountered in the last week are listed below, I have experienced all of them in a number of servers in both 1.5 and 2.2. I have flown other planes in the same servers and not had any of these problems.

* Getting kicked from server, other users report that the reason is "protocol error"

* Everyone else getting kicked and leaving only me in the server, this has usually happened exactly as I land the spitfire.

* Other players cannot see me, or I cannot see them. I've been on TeamSpeak with other players and despite being next to them on the runway, ramp or in the air we cannot see each other or only one can see the other. Sometimes this means the planes pass right through each other, sometimes they appear just before they touch and do damage. Sometimes the guns do no damage to other planes while in this state, sometimes they do. Often I appear to other players just as I fire then disappear again.

I stress again that this is not happening in any other planes I have tested. Including, F-5e, MiG-21, Mirage, A-10C. It has happened in both 1.5 and 2.2 and on all 3 maps. It has already led to at least one server that I know of removing the spitfire all together. This may have been going on for longer than a week, I didn't see any other threads about it.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

I've experienced the last 2 of your problems and the first one might be the reason server behavior seems to me so unpredictable at the moment.

A few weeks back a friend could see me I could not see him yet I was next to him, both of us in Spits, on TeamSpeak

Generally at the moment I'm experiencing quite a bit of server trouble, not finding a server, my server list totally de-populated (requires an exit and restart) getting kicked for no reason

I'm hoping that all resources are being funneled into making sure that 2.5 doesn't have any of these bugs! I can understand them not rushing to fix 1.5 or 2.2 if it means that 2.5 will be released as a fully working simulator and multiplayer environment in the next 2 weeks as promised.

I'm hoping that all resources are being funneled into making sure that 2.5 doesn't have any of these bugs! I can understand them not rushing to fix 1.5 or 2.2 if it means that 2.5 will be released as a fully working simulator and multiplayer environment in the next 2 weeks as promised.

Don't be disappointed. 2.5 will have lots of bugs.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I don't think the issues you're having in multiplayer are exclusively Spitfire problems. We have had issues with other airframes missing, or appearing at crazy attitudes. We have also had issues with people not being able to log in, missing servers on the server lists and other stuff like crashes and instability in general.

We know some of those issues are down to the need for servers to be DX11 capable - something that arrived with the AV-8B it seems.

Did you try any other aircraft on those servers you were having Spitfire glitches? What servers were the issues found on, just one, or lots of them? Did you raise the issue with the server admins, and if so, what was their take on it?

And yes, it could be 2.5 will change the situation, but right now with 2.5 release looming, it will be a case of wait and see what happens I suspect.

I had the issues on the Raven's server on 1.5, I have not had any of these issues when I regularly fly on there in other planes, including while I was flying other planes during the same session as I was having the spitfire problems. The server admin there told me that the Spitfire often causes them problems and removed it from the roster.

I had the same problems on AO on 2.2 NTTR and haven't in other planes there. ACG WWII and the RAF server in Normandy also gave exactly the same problems in the Spitfire, I couldn't test other planes as it's the only WWII plane I own, but friends in P-51s didn't have the problems at all (except when it seemed I was causing them to get kicked out). I didn't contact the admins there about it.

Since posting my OP I have found out that the Burning Skies server on 2.2 (Normandy) have also removed the spitfire as it crashes the server when people try to fly it.

I have removed the spit from any of the MP missions I host to work arround this issue :(

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Another weekend without my Spit for multiplayer... Not getting any love from the Mustang. Please fix!!!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this needs to be fixed bad. After all this time and the Spitfire has now been removed from all DCS multiplayer servers and the mass kicks have stopped on those servers.

We have been patient and waited years for these planes, payed for them, dealt with all the development bugs and now we get nothing. Not even a response from DCS. This bug was in Alpha version for some time and was never fixed and then it was transferred right over to 2.5. In my opinion everyone who has payed for the Spitfire (including myself) has now been ripped off. Bugs are one thing.....but when you are not even able to have a plane on the servers or it kills the entire server is just beyond ridiculous.

I'm aware of all the development that is done by DCS for all of the modules they need to work on. But at some point the question of "are you biting off more then you can chew" needs to be raised. We are over here paying $60 for individual modules that basically never get fixed and never made stable. You can only use the excuse of needing to do other work for so long. If the excuse is that you guys never have the needed time to fix the modules you make then maybe they should stop developing all of the new stuff until you actually fix the stuff that all of us already payed for. We get hit with update adds to purchase a single F-18 for a bargain of $60 instead of the ridiculous $80 that is is going to be but do we ever see any info about fixing the planes we already payed for? No instead you just keep trying to sell us more and more. The only thing we ever see updates on are products that will cost us money. New damage model was talked about how long ago now and nothing. But look there are more unfinished planes to spend money on. Oh look another map that costs money but our planes still don't get fixed....well of course they don't, we already payed for those.

Edited by Alphazulu

Every update gain just serious problems, which is not given sufficient attention, because prefer to have mainly future modules. I'd like to fly in a Spitfire without the random freezing or by any other module during the flight.

And now another blow to unavailability of the module on the servers!

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Yep, wish we could get some official confirmation that this issue is being worked because its annoying having a module that I like so much but cant put into multiplayer because of this issue.

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I believe, not only in multiplayer. In single player i also have constant crashes with it. Does anyone else have such problem?

In Single Player i have no issues at the moment and fly her on a daily basis.

Just after updating to 2.5 i had two crashes with generated and heavily modified quick missions in Caucasus that involved 30+ A/C which consited of 190's, 109's, Mustangs and Spit's and a whole lot of WWII ground assets, but i can't say anything about what caused this problem. I think I thought it was caused by user made skin. Since then i did not encountered any crashes in my daily flying with the Spit.

Edited by Pasquale1986

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

This bug is still here, hotfix No.3 does not solve it...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I can't believe they have left this module in such a bad state, it is ridiculous!

Mirror bug, muliplayer bug, old bugs reappearing and still no bombs or fuel tanks on top of all of this...

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• ED Team
Yep, wish we could get some official confirmation that this issue is being worked because its annoying having a module that I like so much but cant put into multiplayer because of this issue.
Known issue, we hope will be fixed in the next update. Working right now on test server.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

There is spawn issue in multiplayer. Select spitfire and kill yourself you are no more able to select any other plane. You can only spawn on spit. I faced this issue in VA server and Bigbird server

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Known issue, we hope will be fixed in the next update. Working right now on test server.

Oh wonderful news! Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to be more patient :)

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

• 3 weeks later...