Aviation Push

Actually the turbine barely extends past the end of the exhaust! Those PT6s are tiny. They are also mounted "backwards" compared to other turbine engines.

PT6-1.jpg

Best regards,

Tango.

The engine still is reasonably long even with that setup. If you look at a PC-7/9/21 it takes up the entire nose and stops at around the ECS duct just forward of the canopy, or look at the King Air's nacelle.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Several teams are working on back seat integration and I'm sure one of us will make a breakthrough.

Quote of the day, thank you.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Now the real question, VOIP. When do we finally get this needed feature? Is this something that a 3rd party can implement?

What is the matter with TS?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The fact that TS exists, works well and is very widely used, is precisely why it is not worth the time and resources for a developer to duplicate it within a given game/sim.

Especially when the biggest advantage would be user 'convenience' (not having to run separate programs).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A strong argument for integration is for exactly that - to integrate it. You can also do other things, like add effects, etc.. to the audio (noise, attenuation based on distance and terrain). You can't do that (easily, if at all) with external software.

Best regards,

Tango.

TS and Tars...use them for every MP sortie we fly in the 476th vFG....

The only reason I would like to see ED have something to replace it that functions like TARS is because of issues like right now, a version compatable with DCS World and the latest version of TS doesn't exist. If ED integrated this type of VOIP into DCS we wouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

IVC works very well in BMS, would be nice if something like this was in DCS. Having numerous flights flying and if someone needs help or needs to talk to other flights they can ask over the guard channel. I have never used Tars, but heard it is very useful.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

IVC works very well in BMS, would be nice if something like this was in DCS. Having numerous flights flying and if someone needs help or needs to talk to other flights they can ask over the guard channel. I have never used Tars, but heard it is very useful.

Tars is very similar to IVC but not (yet?) standalone.

Sorry for taking out all the bases. ;) :megalol:

Back on topic :D IVC works great!

Best regards,

Tango.

• Like 1
Now the real question, VOIP. When do we finally get this needed feature? Is this something that a 3rd party can implement?

TS and TARS is a very powerful combination, why would a 3rd party develop another system?

Headspace is working on TARS for DCS:W and if I'm not mistaken he was looking into integrating TARS into DCS. I believe that is why he is now on the ED team...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

One thing to keep in mind. MP players are but a very small portion of the purchasers of ED products. VOIP is useless to single player and is already handled for multiplayer by TS.