4 or 6 Mavericks on TERs?

Hentai Paisen

I'm happy to see that TERs are being added for mavericks on the F-16 but am wondering if they will be able to hold only 4 mavericks or a full 6 mav loadout for those of us looking to simulate cold war gone hot scenarios?

Edit: Wags confirmed on Youtube that the Viper will be able to carry 6 AGM-65s with two TERs!

Edited by Hentai Paisen

They will be used at their fullest of capacities on every online aeroquake and PVE server, that is certain.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Uh, Mavericks CANNOT be carried on TERs....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

All those discussions all the time again. Yes, there are prototype tests with 6 of them and no, it was never used in real missions and it also was just done once as far as I know... launching th inner AGM causes damage on the rear wing (dont know how they are called in englisch actual). But who cares, nobody says you have to fly realistic, DCS can also be flown as Ace Combat Sim.... makes it much easier for development :D

But if it gets moddeled realistic you will brake your rails before launching even one missile :D :D And I never saw a F-16 in a combat with more than 2 missiles… never...

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

But if it gets moddeled realistic you will brake your rails before launching even one missile :D :D And I never saw a F-16 in a combat with more than 2 missiles… never...

From what I recall, of the lengthy previous discussions on this topic, everyone agrees modern vipers do not carry more than 2 mavericks. Although as I remember it there was also strong evidence that 4 mavericks was used operationally in Desert Storm, so for certain scenarios their use might be realistic.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well crap. That picture got my hopes up then you guys had to crush my dreams :)

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

I dunno, they could nodel like a 30% chance of it blowing off your wing.THAT would be fun. Much salty aeroquake tears.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'd love it if they modeled the damage launching a Mav from the innermost -88-rail.

The screaming would be legen.....wait for it...

DARY!

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Is there any evidence of damage from launching a maverick from the inner position of the LAU-88? It would be interesting to read, maybe someone's memories. Just don't think that I don't believe

It was in the USAF -1 and -34 series tech data several years ago. Unfortunately now the lau-88 is no longer authorized so the verbiage is not in the -1 or -34. The verbiage described what could happened when the inboard shoulder missile would fire. The rocket motor close out seal shoots out the back of the maverick when launched, the trajectory sent it into the stabs when the inboard missile was fired. Considering the stabs are made of carbon fiber, it doesn’t take much impact to damage them. If anyone remembers a few weeks ago how the stab delaminated during the viper demo. Very similar would happen on the leading edge section from an impact.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I dunno, they could nodel like a 30% chance of it blowing off your wing.THAT would be fun. Much salty aeroquake tears.

:megalol: That would be awesome, I'd even suggest a 50% chance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog