How long has the JF-17 Module been under development?

MobiSev

title. Just curious.

Facebook page for Deka was created March 25, 2017. So I'd say something like three years (maybe more). I'm sure someone from Deka will eventually answer, but they're quite busy currently. Hopefully this helps, but its only an assumption from me.

There are some early vids on their youtube from when they were applying as 3rd party dev with ED - these are from 2017.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I wonder how large their team is then. The reason I ask is that I'm sure ED has a much larger team focused on the 16, and Deka is going to be able to release a near feature complete module in the same...or similar time it took ED to release a shell version of the 16.

From what is mentioned on this thread and the one for the F-16, they are not similar time frames:

Deka JF-17: around 2-3 years

ED F-16: almost 1 year

Edited by pacastro

From what is mentioned on this thread and the one for the F-16, they are not similar time frames:

Deka JF-17: around 3 years

ED F-16: almost 1 year

You are correct. I deleted my other comment.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

F-16C has been in development since 2008. (11 years) It only started out as a pre-mature 3D model, however, and has only been since this last year rapidly growing in development.

F-16-2-696x522.jpg

The JF-17 has been in development ca. 2017. The first post was an EFM demonstration video on April 27, 2017.

That's when it re-started. It was established since 2008 with the rudimentary 3D model.

I played the guitar in 1994, lost interest completely, and didn't touch one until 2012 when i started playing again. Thet doesn't mean that I have been playing for 25 years. The same goes for my DIY tube amplifier project. It was started around 2013, but never finished. It has not been "in development" for 6-7 years.

That's when it re-started. It was established since 2008 with the rudimentary 3D model.

They trashed the model. Its been in actual development for a year ish. I don't even know what the actual point of this thread is. Its an apples to oranges comparison, at a guess, ED has far more development experience than Deka, and likely far more resources to throw at the Viper. The only thing I can come up with is that they are being released near the same time. But the JF17 will be much more complete so its not really a great comparison either.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just realized you were the one who did the video of how to recover from inverted stall on the Su-27 PFM! I practiced that video a lot when I first started flying the Flanker giving me a slice of hope. Can’t wait to spin the Thunder:)

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg