Viper academic videos

JamesRothwell

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting video but I really wonder how flight control movement is supposed to remove bubbles from the hydraulics. They should just circle through the system.

Not sure if that what it does literally, but its what we call it. Also the hydraulic reservoirs is used to separate the air out of the fluid. By moving the surfaces you allow the fluid to cycle through the Integrated Servo Actuator (ISA) removing any air that might have been collected there when the aircraft was shut off.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Not sure how it is on the block 50 (I’m sure it’s probably the same) but if there’s air in the system, ground crew purges it out while the jet is running or does it with the hydraulic mule when the jet is off. Cycling the controls during startup just warms the fluid and gets it circulating to ensure proper operation.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Not sure how it is on the block 50 (I’m sure it’s probably the same) but if there’s air in the system, ground crew purges it out while the jet is running or does it with the hydraulic mule when the jet is off. Cycling the controls during startup just warms the fluid and gets it circulating to ensure proper operation.

As fluid settles, air often goes to the highest points in the system. In the -15 world, it’s common for it to go the SB actuator and EGSSV/Emer gen because it’s the highest point in the system. Same as purging with a mule in open loop, you have to work the air away from the actuators, etc. it is doing more than just warming fluid. It’s just one of those things, you’ll never get it all out, and if you do, something else will just push it back in.

It was only a video but the clarity of cockpit text compared to what i`m used to worries me for VR

Hope its my imagination.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Yeah, landing animation looks fantastic.

Literally waiting to get in that cockpit in vr tomorrow.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Literally waiting to get in that cockpit in vr tomorrow.

Same here; cannot wait!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

We have to ask our wingman to lower the gear once every flight so you could enjoy this!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |