** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH..... ok.. so previous announcement worth nothing in here..

Got it..

Thanks guys.

You are awesome.

Not when development schedules change (you and I have gone over this a few pages ago FYI). You're Welcome :thumbup:

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I don't think this is going anywhere and certainly not anywhere helpful.

In Raijin's defence I think there is some criticism to be had with the vagueness of the release date when early access became available as a hard date like March 21st wouldn't lead to the misinterpretation that has happened.

On the other hand though I don't think Heatblur did it to be misleading. The way I see it they were hoping to release it in 2018 but for various reasons like bugs and what not they decided it was not the best choice.

Attacking them for being misleading seems a bit over the top for me as from what I've seen from them they do outstanding work and push the bar in terms of

the quality of their modules and the included content(which doesn't really help with development time). They seem like a passionate team that really cares about this community and for that reason I personally am willing to look past the minor issues.

I don't think this is going anywhere and certainly not anywhere helpful.

In Raijin's defence I think there is some criticism to be had with the vagueness of the release date when early access became available as a hard date like March 21st wouldn't lead to the misinterpretation that has happened.

On the other hand though I don't think Heatblur did it to be misleading. The way I see it they were hoping to release it in 2018 but for various reasons like bugs and what not they decided it was not the best choice.

Attacking them for being misleading seems a bit over the top for me as from what I've seen from them they do outstanding work and push the bar in terms of

the quality of their modules and the included content(which doesn't really help with development time). They seem like a passionate team that really cares about this community and for that reason I personally am willing to look past the minor issues.

This just voiced my thoughts.

Let everyone simmer down. It is getting too tense in here.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Got it..

Thanks guys.

You are awesome.

I bet when you were a child you had pretty clear views on what your job will be when you are a grown up? Did that change?

Or easier, when you plan your holidays or anything else, you ever had to change dates, activities planned or whatever, maybe because things happened in-between?

Are your friends and family also of the opinion that you are a "lying" and "unreliable" cheater?! I mean, really?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I bet when you were a child you had pretty clear views on what your job will be when you are a grown up? Did that change?

Or easier, when you plan your holidays or anything else, you ever had to change dates, activities planned or whatever, maybe because things happened in-between?

Are your friends and family also of the opinion that you are a "lying" and "unreliable" cheater?! I mean, really?

Where the hell did that come from bud? lol

Chill.. it's all past..

;)

Let's all cheer for Heatblur and wait for the next DCS drama ;)

Got it..

Thanks guys.

You are awesome.

You are new here, August 2018.

JFYI this pretty much sums up the "DCS development cycle". They(ED and 3rd party devs) plan/try/hope to release a module on a date or in the timeframe and miss it in 95% of the releases by atleast some months. So get used to it if you want to enjoy DCS or start looking for another simulator.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Chill.. it's all past..

;)

Sorry, I just wanted you to realize that changes to plans are a perfectly normal occurrence in life. It happens to all of us, not just companies.

That is why indeed, an expected date from a month ago, is not worth anything if it has been superseded by a new announcement.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Chill.. it's all past..

;)

Seriously? You have no idea where that came from?

Try reading YOUR posts and it will all become so very CLEAR...

GOOD

GOD

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I enjoyed the first video on the Tomcat on HB's youtube channel, although it's not much many of us don't already know it adds a lot of depth to what would otherwise just be a flight sim and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series! :thumbup:

Just to bookend this a little;

Generally, once money has exchanged hands, things change. That turns anything we've announced or set as a pre-requisite into a guarantee. You can't hold us to what we hope in a development update or public plan some time down the line once you actually pre-order and we've made a determination as to when we can guarantee that you will hold the product in your hands.

So to summarize, again, we guarantee that you will be flying the F-14 by March 20th - as promised on our pre-order page(s).

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

yeah.. me..

Yeah you. Winter of 2018 extends into 2019. If you don't believe me, look it up. It's what you should have done anyway before starting this argument, but hey. Who needs facts, when you can make s#$% up as you go along?! Right?!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I usually just read these threads for the entertainment value, but in this instance I feel the need to weigh in bit. While I agree HB "guarantees" winter of 2019, IMO they do shoulder some responsibility in milking the Hope and Hype train by making statements around "Hoping for 2018" meaning December. My complaint involves the miss around communication. The disclosure announcement that we received circa mid December stating that a 2018 release was unlikely was the miss and untimely. Judging by the mid December update, amount of work left to be done, and the brevity and restriction around the couple of CC videos we have seen recently (e.q. no commentary in the video from Ralfi, the brevity of Mags videos, no backseat shots and so on) HB doesn't seem to be close to a release. - most likely will be very close the March 20th date if then which brings us back to full circle on the December 2018 tease by HB. They would have had to of known much earlier (and most likely did by there own admission - "wishing update statement had come earlier statement" in the Dec update post) that a 2018 release wasn't likely. Chose to instead let the hope and hype train continue to run off of the rails. That is my only complaint, and seems to be the source of some of the frustration seen in the forums.

Chill.. it's all past..

;)

Raijin, you´re pretty new to the DCS Community, as from what your Registration date represents and your amount of Posts you´ve posted so far.

I can garantuee when I say that all your Anger about not having a specific release date will turn into a General Anger about DCS and ED and all their 3rd Partie Dev Teams if you´re not changing your attitude.

See my Registration date for example and let me tell you what ED and the Community has gone through together. Sometimes it was great and sometimes it was pure Anger from Situation like the current one...or at least similar. The Information Politics that ED is following today results of many Trials and Errors in the effort to provide the best possible Information flew to the Community...The Problem is that Software development never...NEVER...follows the imaginations and wishes of the developer. Thats why it is in most cases not possible to determine a release date if it is absolute certain, that this date is definately set into Stone. ED learned that the hard way...and so did we.

Let me tell you that you´ll feel very more confident by not constantly checking the Forums for an announcement whether it´s a release date or the release itself and don´t get mad about the Developer Team decisions. Just relax and fly another Module or better, play a different Game until your favourite Module is available. It´ll save your nerves, time and will not get threads closed due to havey distractions or improper comments.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

The length of time registered and number of posts made in the forums shouldn't be used to measure someone's right to express their opinion. I have been flying the Lock On then DCS series for years but on recently decided to register with the community (~May of 2017). However, everyone should just relax and know if will happen when it happens and not a day sooner.

Another petulant child to add to my ignore list. That makes four total. Which isn't bad, considering the size of the community.

BTW, HB, when can we have the Tomcat again? LOL. Sorry, coudln't resist.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Nope.. before announcement they posted on facebook "F14 in 2018" and later they deleted after the announcement..

So when they started the pre-order and said Winter, what would you think??

I'm not obligated to go through their facebook, check for deleted posts and realized everything by myself?

That's the main reason people were expecting it on December?

The pre-order was 2 months before winter... So it was reasonable to think that they were using those last 2 months to prepare to launch..

They were vague and misleading...

My point about the lemonade stand is exactly that, not that they claimed to be, but how fanboys want other players to behave.

about the timeframe... Imagine if everything you buy from now on, instead of a date, they give you season timeframes?

why do you buy early access? from what you write here you clearly are not tue right guy for ea stuff.

Buy when it is released but don’t blame a product which is not put yet.

When they opened preorders they clearly stated that the release of the early access would have happened before the end of the winter...so the last day for that will be 21th of march 2019.

They never said anything else when they opened the preorders

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Oh God. another "Don't buy it" logic..

It's coz of fanboys like u things are the way they are.. this is not a lemonade stand for friends thing...

"It's just a freaking game for goodness sake" right,, a game.. even freeware products have to abide by laws. And dcs modules are not free.. it's not because you decided to buy you have to accept whatever they give you..

You must be one of those guys who never complains about anything you buy apparently.

Germany already banned pre-purchases with vague release dates, hope this becomes a trend.

Get ur logic straight this is not a friends and family only business...

OK, before I add you to my ignore list....let's give this a shot.

1) "the way the things are" How are things? I have a PC with VR that allows me to zoom around the world in incredibly iconic planes from multiple eras. I got to see this industry grow from wire frame F15 to incredibly realistic depiction of flight through VR. It's people like me whose money and support that makes this happen. People who like to support the niche market. So I'd rather you just say thank you and move on.

2) When you buy a module, you are *AGREEING* to the EULA. Which means that you are ACCEPTING WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU. That's literally (correct use of the word) what EULA means. You can decide to *not* abide by the EULA which means you can't fly the Tomcat. So don't agree to the EULA and ask for a refund. Yeah...I didn't think so.

3) As for the German law, the way I read it, not that I care since I don't live in Germany. It bans vague release dates and phrases like "coming soon". HB has said "it will be released by March 20 2019" How is that vague? But it doesn't mean that the business cannot change the date. And it looks to me like stating "available NLT Jan 1, 2099" will get around the stupid law.

4) When I complain about something, there are levels and importance. Something that annoys me makes me whine. Much like what you're doing. And yes, it's a game. *NOTHING* that ED or HB does could EVER make me SOOOOO MAD that I would contemplate a legal action nor cite legal statutes. Because, again, it's JUST A GAME. And I don't immediately take the hyperbolic path of citing German laws that don't apply here, nor going on a ad hominem rants. If I really don't like something, I take my business elsewhere. That's how mature grown-ups take care of things.

Anything else?

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Oh man..hard to argue with a fanboy

I bet you don't accept so simply that kind of behavior from other business..

You are the one struggling to understand that you are biased and no matter what they do you will defend them.

I doubt that you would accept a car lease that was advertised for 2018, but when u signed the contract it says anytime between 2018 and 2019.

Even if you argue that it was your fault not to read the contract, the car dealer was dishonest.

And that's the whole point..

got it fanboy?

again...when they opened the preorders they clearly stated winter...they never wrote 2018!!!

What you are referring to are old newsletters but they never charged anyone for that....when they asked your money they clearly stated that the release windows will close not later then the 21th of march 2019...then the prerelease is not mandatory...no one obliged you to buy...you look like a child whose dad didn’t bring a candy

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The length of time registered and number of posts made in the forums shouldn't be used to measure someone's right to express their opinion. I have been flying the Lock On then DCS series for years but on recently decided to register with the community (~May of 2017). However, everyone should just relax and know if will happen when it happens and not a day sooner.

I don't think Memphis was denigrating anyone for their time on here, just trying help by using their experience to get someone new to relax.

Sorry if this was already covered in one of the many, many Tomcat release threads, but is the F-14 going to be released in the open-beta version first, or in both versions at the same time?

I don't bother with open beta usually since I like the bugs to be openly complained about before making it to release so I know what to expect. However if the F-14 is going to open-beta first there's no point waiting an extra week or two.

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2