JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

• 1 month later...

That chin mount is so hot!

Really about the only thing I wish our Jeff had...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

• 2 months later...

Please, give us the HMD. The JF-17 is my favorite jet, it just needs the HMD. 

Edited by unnox
  • Like 1

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

vor 4 Stunden schrieb AeriaGloria:

Get Pakistan to buy it, I’m sure they have the spare change from the floods and J-10C purchase😉

The JF-17C has the upgrade. According to The EurAsian Time‘s article from 18th November 2022.

Edited by unnox

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

Trying to place RP waypoints for the JF-17 Cruise Missile for a MP session, however the square box that I usually use (mainly for SP) isn't there for a Client jet, will the Nav Target Points still work for the purposes of targeting the cruise missile?

image.png

Edited by Cdodders

Am 22.1.2023 um 02:29 schrieb AeriaGloria:

Yes, but that’s not the block 1/2 that would allow Deka to bring it in 

So what now? It is not open for public because the PAF didn‘t buy it or because Deka isn‘t „allowed“ to publish it?
And when the PAF retro-fit the Block 2 with the HMD?

There are some rumors around that the code is there but not available for public?

Maybe @uboats can finally make an end to this speculation.

– Charles A. Lindbergh

1 hour ago, unnox said:

So what now? It is not open for public because the PAF didn‘t buy it or because Deka isn‘t „allowed“ to publish it?
And when the PAF retro-fit the Block 2 with the HMD?

There are some rumors around that the code is there but not available for public?

Maybe @uboats can finally make an end to this speculation.

The speculation has ended for long time now. PAF has never said they will add HMD to block 1/2. And is it even the same HMD as the one tested in Chengdu that Deka coded and had access to? 

Uboats has said they haven’t added it becuase it’s not realistic until PAF does retrofit, which has never been confirmed to be planned by PAF 

• Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mike_Romeo said:

please show

here's what it looks like:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Pakistan-Air-Force/JF-17-Thunder/1836751/L?qsp=eJwtjLEKwkAQRH9FttZCBCPptLCwMUV%2BYLkbTDDmjt0Vc4T8u3fRbmbe8GZyYTRM1qYIqknB4jraUmThl1I90xPpE8TnTLfrbl9t2u49ekg%2BaRC7pAw8G87OIRr8f79L%2BWQEdavvUfynEiHNrx2Oufpe48CrBcb9QMvyBdAnMQU%3D

That's the bomb near the block 1, so you know what it looks like, and can get relative size.

Here it is on an airplane, 11-130 (block 1 made in 2011) - this is just a model it seems, and a rendering, but I have seen this grey looking thing on the JF before, and this shows it more clearly. I was looking through about 1000 photos yesterday, I can't seem to locate the original photos that led me down this path. Basically, you look for the grey tail fins, or the strange looking tip of this. It's just a 500lb laser guided bomb, which we already have, but maybe it flies different, I don't know, and it has a couple tiny wind vanes on it, no idea what those are for, but seems neat. But, doesn't really provide more explosive damage, as far as I know. I do know the GB1 500 can have quite a few different fusing options, cool thing to have the options for. It's similar design to a KAB-500L.

vmmsqt91.jpg

Edited by Napillo
clarified "photo"
  • Like 1

Just now, Lima29 said:

this does not look like a photo to me

it's not, it is a render, it's the quickest one I could find, I did find some other photos yesterday, as I was looking through a lot, and that led me to do some research to find out what the bomb was called, there are photos that show it is on the airplane, mounted, though not in the air. It can be used as a reference to find those photos, but it is not evidence in itself. that said, they did show it at several air shows as supporting the GB-1 500, and the Block I model was displayed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...