Is the Tiger getting a cockpit facelift?

Mizzy

And getting the basics right would be great too which means, being able to fly IFR with an artificial horizon that's still indicating the correct pitch attitude after e.g. a touch & go.

I’m unsure if this is actually a bug. It’s possible that the F-5’s attitude gyro tends to precess a bit more than others. Even the one in the F/A-18 will indicate incorrectly after some dynamic maneuvering. Maybe before pushing the throttles up, take a second to re-cage it?

I think you quoted the wrong person

yes wrong person. thnx to pointing it out mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

I’m unsure if this is actually a bug. It’s possible that the F-5’s attitude gyro tends to precess a bit more than others. Even the one in the F/A-18 will indicate incorrectly after some dynamic maneuvering.

Haven't tested lately, but this usually happens already after a normal traffic pattern when touching down with significant nose up attitude . As soon as you lower the nose, the AH will be off by at least 2deg.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Let's not get off topic

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Note: I fly VR about 75% of the time since getting the Rift S (previously about 50% with the original Rift), so I generally don't see the huge improvements in graphics between older and newer aircraft unless I fly with my 4K 49-inch monitor, therefore the F-5 cockpit doesn't really look all that bad to me compared to other newer cockpits.

Interesting. I find that VR shows up flaws in the cockpit much more than on a monitor.

I love the F-5, but an updated cockpit is overdue imo.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box