TPOD - Slave to SP Without Cage

dresoccer4

quick q: is there a way to have the TPOD not re-cage after changing the mode from SLAVE to SP?

in many situations i will slave the TPOD to a waypoint wich is in the general direction of targets. i then want to switch the TPOD mode to SP, slew the TDC over a target, and then select a new SPI. if the TPOD keeps re-caging itself it makes this technique useless.

thanks for help!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

What makes you “want to switch” to SP after slaving to WP? Why not just unlock and re lock where you want to make new SPI?

can you explain? when i click undesignate on the TPOD, it just slaves back to the WP SPI and i lose my target

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

in addition, can you make any sensor the "master" sensor so that all other sensors get slaved to it if you push the "SP/SLV" button? i'm trying to use the C-701– IR Seeker to designate a target i found by making it the SPI, then i want to slave the A2G radar to it.

How about when in SLAV you point nose at SPI on hud, switch to SP, designate and be on your merry way?

because it seems when you switch from SLAVE to SP the TPOD re-cages itsself, thus losing your target. how can it not re-cage itself? i'm not following the logic behind that tactic :helpsmilie:

can you explain? when i click undesignate on the TPOD, it just slaves back to the WP SPI and i lose my target

Snowplow (SP) as the name implies will always 'plow the ground' as I understand it so don't use SP. I'm thinking the solution should have something to do with unlocking and locking. I don't recall having this problem with the TPOD but I think I have this problem with the man-in-the-loop TV where as soon as I unlock it goes back to the WP SPI which isn't so bad if your target is next to the WP SPI. SP will just cage it back to it initial position like a 'bore sight'.

UPDATE: Did some checking with the TPOD. if you undesignate a target that is in point track or area track, the cross-hairs will not return to the WP SPI unless you undesignate it a 2nd time. Or, if no target was locked, then pressing undesignate will send the cross-hairs back to the WP SPI. Pressing SP will always return the TPOD to bore sight.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Snowplow (SP) as the name implies will always 'plow the ground' as I understand it so don't use SP. I'm thinking the solution should have something to do with unlocking and locking. I don't recall having this problem with the TPOD but I think I have this problem with the man-in-the-loop TV where as soon as I unlock it goes back to the WP SPI which isn't so bad if your target is next to the WP SPI. SP will just cage it back to it initial position like a 'bore sight'.

UPDATE: Did some checking with the TPOD. if you undesignate a target that is in point track or area track, the cross-hairs will not return to the WP SPI unless you undesignate it a 2nd time. Or, if no target was locked, then pressing undesignate will send the cross-hairs back to the WP SPI. Pressing SP will always return the TPOD to bore sight.

thanks for the response. i think the catching point for me was i thought the TPOD had to be in SP mode to designate a SPI..

if the TPOD is in SLAVE mode then i thought the TPOD would always be slaved to the SPI (which is usually the WP). when first powering up the TPOD, i want it to slave to a WP, and then i want to take control of the TPOD and slew it to the target and designate a new SPI. i thought this was the normal tactic, but now i dont know anymore

Just slew and re lock where you want. When you enter AG mode the WPis SPI/waypoint 40. As soon as you move the pod cursor it overrides your SPI and the coordinates of where the pod is pointing become waypoint 40. You can see this all work by looking at waypoint 40 in DST page while you do this

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Just slew and re lock where you want. When you enter AG mode the WPis SPI/waypoint 40. As soon as you move the pod cursor it overrides your SPI and the coordinates of where the pod is pointing become waypoint 40. You can see this all work by looking at waypoint 40 in DST page while you do this

thanks, this clears it up a bit. as soon as you move the TP the SPI moves with it, you don't have to designate it. however if you change TPOD mode back to SP, then the SPI automatically reverts back to the current waypoint, correct?

Actually I’m not sure if SPI/WP40 changes when you go back to SP, but it is changed after I press that same OSB to put it back in SLAVE bringing the pod back to the current waypoint on the UFCP(if I had WP03 selected WP40/SPI becomes same as WP03). Atleast that’s what I gathered from my time with it, sorry if it’s a rubbish explanation.

Even if I have something wrong, the gist of it is that it is extremely easy and it’s automatically doing what it can to help you put weapons where you are currently looking.

Especially since the HOTAS doesn’t have short/long press discrimination, I am always finding myself surprised at how streamlined the whole man machine interface is.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

thanks for the response. i think the catching point for me was i thought the TPOD had to be in SP mode to designate a SPI..

if the TPOD is in SLAVE mode then i thought the TPOD would always be slaved to the SPI (which is usually the WP). when first powering up the TPOD, i want it to slave to a WP, and then i want to take control of the TPOD and slew it to the target and designate a new SPI. i thought this was the normal tactic, but now i dont know anymore

Actually in the update to my post, you can do exactly that. Slave + Uncage brings Tpod crosshairs to current WP SPI. Then undesignate once to allow slewing around to desired target and lock.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64