The UH-1H Huey Livery thread

diveplane

I am making the effort to overhaul the low res ugly rear textures of the Huey with some HD textures and dark interior for a new skin. So far I have found the correct dds file for the interior to edit and have completed initial editing but i'm having trouble getting it into the sim.

I took the default "uh1_int.dds" file, converted it to a bmp file and edited it in Photoshop. I then saved it as a bmp and converted it back to a dds file. I thought I could put this new dds file directly in my livery folder and edit the description file but that did not work.

I made a new line in the description.lua file that reads {"uh1_int", 0, "uh1_int", false}; but this did not work.

I tried to change the name of the file and and my description file to read {"uh1_int", 0, "New HD Dark Interior", false}; but this did not work.

My new livery works just fine so I know my skin folder is good. Any thoughts on getting this interior file recognized?

Thanks.

Edit* It appears the file is working as some of the cockpit area changes I made do appear however the white wall panels and rear seats remain the same and are not showing my edits...

Edited by Mike Busutil

No Skin Showing

Hi All

Small question. I'm working on a skin and it is almost complete. But when I put the weapons file in. And test. Everything is good except the plates up by the engine. How can I fix that.

Thanks in advance.

20200115_210502.thumb.jpg.1ca0f61cadd49739ed4eed480e524bec.jpg

Edited by Backdraft

Those can be found in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures\uh-1.zip.

If you're not using the open beta version it can be found in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Textures\uh-1.zip

The default file name is "uh1_cover".

OR you can disable those (Exhaust IR suppressors) in the mission editor.

Edited by Mike Busutil

• 1 month later...

its not working....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The C.I.A Black Helicopter is ready to go.

ZLruQPP.jpg

XOyYiZG.jpg

Find it here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307714/

Hi, I can't manage this superb livrerie to work..

i've placed it in the folder \bazar\liverier\uh-1 as per instructions but when I place the chopper in the editor as USA faction it wont show the livery under the rearm-menu .

ANY Help would be highly appreciated.

:)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Goa, check this.

Navigate to \bazar\liverier\uh-1.

Verify you see the "C.I.A Black Helicopter" folder here.

Verify the folder is not zipped

Open the C.I.A Black Helicopter folder

You should see 11 dds files.

If you see another folder called C.I.A Black Helicopter that contains the dds files cut that folder out and place it in the liveries folder.

If none of this works, verify the C.I.A Black Helicopter skin downloaded completely. (Verify file size, re-download if needed)

Verify you are not installing the skin into stable DCS and opening open beta DCS (Or vice versa)

Goa, check this.

Navigate to \bazar\liverier\uh-1.

Verify you see the "C.I.A Black Helicopter" folder here.

Verify the folder is not zipped

Open the C.I.A Black Helicopter folder

You should see 11 dds files.

If you see another folder called C.I.A Black Helicopter that contains the dds files cut that folder out and place it in the liveries folder.

If none of this works, verify the C.I.A Black Helicopter skin downloaded completely. (Verify file size, re-download if needed)

Verify you are not installing the skin into stable DCS and opening open beta DCS (Or vice versa)

It's not working simply becuase you forgot to correctly edit the description.lua file

it should be like this : countries = {"USA"}

but you omited the last part of ={"USA"}

I edit it and its' working now.

Check also the comments section on DCS website download page, as someone already made this comment but apparently you did not read it.

As someone suggested you should also change the installation description method : there is no needto place the folder in \bazar\liverries\uh1 , but just simply create a folder in \saved games\ Liveries\UH-1H and there you can copy the CIA BLACK HELICOPTER or any other skin.

Other than that the livrery is one of the best in DCS even tough its fictional, please REMOVE the CIA LOGO from the nose and this will be perfect.

Please also make a skin like the one in X-FILES and in the cases of ufo sigthings etc : MEANING all black :D ;)

Thanks.

The skin works as is for many people. I believe for this skin I may of omitted countries = {"USA"} so that the file will work with all countries. I'll check the file.

I'll get an all black version without the CIA logos uploaded today.

Edited by Mike Busutil

Congratulations !. From the photos of your Mod, it seems like an excellent job. As I am not in a hurry, I was waiting for a graphic update to buy the Huey. But your mod makes me thinking about buying it now. A question to decide: I have seen that the interior textures are not compatible with the multiplayer, are you going to work to solve it or is it not possible?

I sent two more skins to the user files.

The 1st is the FBI Black helicopter which is an all black version of the CIA black helicopter without any markings and the 2nd is the Arctic Special Operations helicopter.

oeVM2BT.jpg

eppufAJ.jpg

psNvikt.jpg

aS9vN6C.jpg

miusVpJ.jpg

oztEw03.jpg

qazoNzi.jpg

MFHiUoQ.jpg

azYUZsZ.jpg

fxseXxb.jpg

I sent two more skins to the user files.

The 1st is the FBI Black helicopter which is an all black version of the CIA black helicopter without any markings and the 2nd is the Arctic Special Operations helicopter.

oeVM2BT.jpg

eppufAJ.jpg

psNvikt.jpg

aS9vN6C.jpg

miusVpJ.jpg

oztEw03.jpg

qazoNzi.jpg

MFHiUoQ.jpg

azYUZsZ.jpg

fxseXxb.jpg

OH MY GOD MAN YOUR WORK IS INCREDIBL, THANKS FOR ALL BLACK SKIN,!

Also waiting the for the CIA livrery but without the LOGO :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

GOA,

Per your request I have removed the logo from the nose on the CIA Black Helicopter. The update is available to re-download in the user files here. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307714/

tHAnk you so much mate!!!:beer::beer::beer:

I took the default "uh1_int.dds" file, converted it to a bmp file and edited it in Photoshop. I then saved it as a bmp and converted it back to a dds file.

@Mike Busutil and anyone else. If you have Nvidia graphics card they have a photoshop plugin so that you can open dds files directly in photoshop and save them as dds files in photoshop. No need to convert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, as a side note I actually like the CIA one with the CIA logo. Lol.

Also, also.....it’s has come across my mind before to do an A-Team one but I’ve been put off doing any due to the dcs updates. Was waiting for huey to be revamped before carrying on with skins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When editing the color of the blades on the Huey they change back to default after they get spinning. Does anyone know the location of the file for the spinning blade textures? I'm having no luck so far...

uh_1_blade.dds file in the Bazar folder.

Add it to your folder then add

{"uh1_rotor_alfa", 0, "uh_1_blade", false};

to your description.lua file

Thanks Sunwukong.

When I do that the blades disappear while they are spinning and return at a lower rpm.

I placed the unedited "uh_1_blade.dds" file into my skin folder and added {"uh1_rotor_alfa", 0, "uh_1_blade", false}; to the description.lua file.

I'll keep messing around with it.

hEVXDrb.jpg