How to get over the G limit and the AOA limit?

Kumabit

Before the patch, this can be done easily by turning off EFCS. Now I can't find a way to achieve the same result as the last patch. Please help, I want direct control of the aircraft.

This patch fixed what was an unrealistic bug. Now you can override the G limiter with the paddle switch only. No more cheating by pulling the fuses.

This patch fixed what was an unrealistic bug. Now you can override the G limiter with the paddle switch only. No more cheating by pulling the fuses.

Sir this is a W̶e̶n̶d̶y̶s̶ JF-17 thread. But you’re not wrong, the previous performance was unrealistic. Kumabit understand EFCS isnt direct control, it’s similar to a landing control law that’s very simple. To get to the DIR mode go to AOA maximum then flick switch

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Sir this is a W̶e̶n̶d̶y̶s̶ JF-17 thread. But you’re not wrong, the previous performance was unrealistic. Kumabit understand EFCS isnt direct control, it’s similar to a landing control law that’s very simple. To get to the DIR mode go to AOA maximum then flick switch

How can I get over the G limit in JF-17 now? Did you mean the JF-17 has a similar switch as the F-18?

To get to the DIR mode go to AOA maximum then flick switch

Supposedly this is how it’s done, as it’s meant as a spin recovery switch. Haven’t tried myself

EDIT: Ah I see you already saw what I quoted. Not sure if DIR overrides G, I would assume so, again haven’t tried myself

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Supposedly this is how it’s done, as it’s meant as a spin recovery switch. Haven’t tried myself

Okay...Before the patch, I can get direct control of the aircraft just like any flankers. I can pull as many G as I want at any speed. I really miss this......:cry:

How can I get over the G limit in JF-17 now? Did you mean the JF-17 has a similar switch as the F-18?

This is a modern fly by wire jet. The direct control switch and Efcs switch are meant for emergency spin control. Once damage is modeled correctly, if you over G the airplane, your wings are going to rip off.

EDIT: Ah I see you already saw what I quoted. Not sure if DIR overrides G, I would assume so, again haven’t tried myself

Nope, direct link mode still does not allow me to pull over 8G at any speed

Nope, direct link mode still does not allow me to pull over 8G at any speed

Right because you will critically damage the plane. You only get direct controll once AOA is over 22 or something. Then once out of the spin and back in parameter, g limiter works again.

Okay...Before the patch, I can get direct control of the aircraft just like any flankers. I can pull as many G as I want at any speed. I really miss this......:cry:

You can still go to DIR by over shooting the AOA limit and pressing the switch. I just don’t know about G but assume it overrides. It is meant for spin recovery. Even in the Flanker turning off the FBW is not supposed to be used during a dogfight. Using it for aerobatics was probsbly not intended either. There’s a reason you have to throttle down to use it.

It’s for the best now that they have implemented structural stress damage. The G limit is protecting you, unless you have a thing for short wings

You can still go to DIR by over shooting the AOA limit and pressing the switch. I just don’t know about G but assume it overrides. It is meant for spin recovery. Even in the Flanker turning off the FBW is not supposed to be used during a dogfight. Using it for aerobatics was probsbly not intended either. There’s a reason you have to throttle down to use it.

It’s for the best now that they have implemented structural stress damage. The G limit is protecting you, unless you have a thing for short wings

Okay, good to know. Now I don't have any real direct control of the aircraft. I will buy that. :thumbup:

I don't mean I can pull 30G out of this aircraft, I mean the aircraft won't restrict me from pulling over G

The flanker is old. Maybe it’s the difference in the fcs. Also the JF-17 is made cheap as possible so it makes sense that the ammount of control you have outside normal parameters makes sense.

Well I’m away from my computer if you find that DIR overrides g limit let me know

Nope, it doesn't. I am flying the aircraft while replying to the messages. Right now it seems impossible to get into a flat spin, the FCS is protecting you 24/7

Nope, it doesn't. I am flying the aircraft while replying to the messages. Right now it seems impossible to get into a flat spin, the FCS is protecting you 24/7

LMAO. That’s the entire point of the FCS. It’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.

LMAO. That’s the entire point of the FCS. It’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.

Learning how to save the aircraft from a flat spin is a mandatory course for a fighter pilot. Also, there should be a direct control method for the aircraft preparing for the potential damage of the FCS system.