Accessing DCS's _G outside DCS

Max_ARG

Hi guys. Asking for quick advice today. This is what I want to do, I wish to traverse the DCS _G table (once the game is running), and be able to print all its content, using the LUA command line, at the end of the day I wish to call the functions contained in _G. For that I made a little foreach printing, I commented out the "sanitizeModule" script, then I ran the game and executed the script, but nothing related to DCS come out, just generic stuff from lua. My script is running completely outside DCS, in a lua command line (maybe I should move it somewhere else? ).

It takes A LOT of time to get to the right piece of information so I ask here straight away how should I do it, it will save me days and weeks of reading old outdated imprecise information, you know what I mean.

I have many theories and assumptions but I don't want to clutter the post with that if it's not relevant.

At the end what I pretend to do is calling the DCS's functions contained in _G, from withing my script. I saw it been made in other games, but I don't know here.

I read the dcs-witchcraft script, he's using sockets, that is not and explored path yet. Any information is welcome! Thanks for taking the time!

PS: I think after reading some more, that what I need to get is the DCS environment (from within my script). The DCS's environment is called "env"..

Edited by Max_ARG

Could you tell us more please ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !