Static objects missing on client side

viper2097

See attached screenshot.

There is an E2 placed on the carrier as static object.

In that special case, it is seen only by the host. There is also no collision detection when the client is taxing through it. The host then sees only a plane in a plane.

We are flying regulary with 4 - 6 players.

The host does always see all static objects.

Some of the clients can't see them, some do see them. We haven't found out any specific reasons for seeing (or not seeing) them. Seems to only appear on the carrier. So far, we found out that the S3, E2 and SH-60 are affected.

attachment.php?attachmentid=217336&stc=1&d=1568704233

Server_Missing_objects.thumb.jpg.587f0dcbb5024132affd7af493f2347f.jpg

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Can you attach the mission with the statics placed like that?

Also does it occur even if they don't spawn? And does it occur for all statics placed on the carrier? Do the clients that see them, are they all in F-18s? The ones that don't see the statics, are they in F-14s?

I tried replicating it with not luck so far. Could be down to exact locations that objects are spawned at.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'll see if I can dig up one of my missions where I've seen it happen. It happens to me when client is in Tomcat or Hornet, and it happens whether the static object is a Tomcat, Hornet, or Hawkeye. In my case, I'll have multiple jets parked along Elev.1 and Elev.2. The jet closest to the superstructure on Elev.2 is always the one that disappears for the client.

The way you describe that makes it sound like it isn't rendering the object for "spawn safety." As in it is close enough to the elevator that it chooses not to render it for clients because there might be a collision.

Though in my test I placed an E-2 directly on elevator 2 and it moved my spawn to elevator 3.

Can you attach the mission with the statics placed like that?

I have deleted everything else from the mission then the carrier and attached it. Or I could send the full mission to you via PM. Please advise.

Also does it occur even if they don't spawn?

We will try to check that. But I guess yes.

And does it occur for all statics placed on the carrier?

No, not to all. But as we have observed, the missing objects are for those who does not see them the same.

Do the clients that see them, are they all in F-18s? The ones that don't see the statics, are they in F-14s?

Happend in F-18, F-14 Pilot and F-14 Rio. Does not seem to be related to the choosen module.

I tried replicating it with not luck so far. Could be down to exact locations that objects are spawned at.

I have more missions where this happend.

So far I've observed, always the same clients are not seeing the objects. I would guess it depends somehow on the clients. We just noticed this not long ago by luck.

("Oh, I luckily just missed that E2 on the deck" - "What E2?" - "The one in the middle of the deck!" - "There is none" - "What?" etc...)

The way you describe that makes it sound like it isn't rendering the object for "spawn safety." As in it is close enough to the elevator that it chooses not to render it for clients because there might be a collision.

I always place static objects with enough safety space from the spawn locations.

There are also static objects not shown who are far away from the spawn position of the client.

Though in my test I placed an E-2 directly on elevator 2 and it moved my spawn to elevator 3.

Thats also my experience. It rather takes another spawn slots or gives a "delayed" message then not rendering anything.

We are flying again tomorrow, could you advice how we could help you, and what we could do exactley, to investigate on that issue?

missing_static_Objects.miz

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Thanks for the mission. I was able to replicate it. Good news is it appears to be fixed on a test build, but I think the fix hasn't been merged for the next patch yet.

Could be any number of carrier changes so no clue if there is anything local you can do to fix it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here. Some guys see some statics, others see different statics, some guys don't see any.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team

Hi all

This particular issue is complicated and will require a new branch / version number before it can be merged ( waiting on some other code which can not be merged yet )

We will have to continue to be patient.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

This particular issue is complicated and will require a new branch / version number before it can be merged ( waiting on some other code which can not be merged yet )

We will have to continue to be patient.

thanks

Thanks Bignewy. Even if it's not fixed anytime soon, it's really appreciated getting to hear the reasons why things like this take some time. Even if it's in broad terms.

• 2 months later...

Hi BIGNEWY

I noticed that this bug is still prsent in 2.5.6.

So just -BUMP to cep his matter up and present.

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I have asked for an update, when I find out I will let you know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue in the latest beta with the new Supercarrier. Sometimes static objects in Supercarrier are all present, other times they are missing completly... and other times some of them are loaded and shown.

This is from a client connecting to the server within a LAN network, so no bandwidth or latency issues (?).

Edited by pacastro

same problem. static objects on supercarrier are still desynced. running on dedicated server.

i've set objects exactly like in wags youtube video to avoid conflicts.

the static E-2D, S-3B Tanker and some carrier vehicles are invisible on the client.

no problem in single player.

Edited by mono6020

• 1 month later...