DCS Visrtual Cockpit for Android (iControl DCS)

boarder2

Right I understand that, and I use overlays for my MFDs... but I'm saying it's kind of moot to have the display overlay on my screen and then look at another screen just for the benefit of touch input.... especially at that price

-Seil

-Seil

WotG Founder & A10C Lead

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i do something like this on a microsoft surface pro?

Not yet... I love my Win 8 tablet. We'll see if the platform gains more traction this holiday season. I did get a prototype working shortly after the Win 8 SDK was made available. Just haven't finished yet.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Anyone have thoughts on what functionality they'd like to see next? Radio stack, ILS, TACAN, LASTE, STEER, Hat directionals in single MFCD?

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Only question I have is if there is any incompatibility between virtual Cockpit and HELIOS?

I believe they will play well together. I don't use Helios but I'm pretty sure others have successfully.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to let everyone know that iControl DCS (iPad) and DCS VC (Android) are on sale this weekend, so get your exporting on!

boarder2, ok so the product has been GREAT, until my sqdrn decided to get TARS. It seems the VC server will not allow TARS through and if i wanted to continue flying with my squad i had to uninstall VC which SUCKS as i am sure you could understand. Is there any way you can look into this and/or recommend something that doesnt involve choosing one or the other? Thanks

My Setup:

HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudders, Trackir 5, i Control w/ipad, powered by Alienware Aurora ALX i7 3930k oc 4.2, dual 980s, 16gb Ram.

boarder2, ok so the product has been GREAT, until my sqdrn decided to get TARS. It seems the VC server will not allow TARS through and if i wanted to continue flying with my squad i had to uninstall VC which SUCKS as i am sure you could understand. Is there any way you can look into this and/or recommend something that doesnt involve choosing one or the other? Thanks

I'll see if I can figure out why it's not working with TARS.

Since I can't find the iOS thread for this

Purchased the app. It was totally worth it. I now have everything; literally at my fingertips.

One question though;

I seem to be having a difficult time manipulating the radio knobs to change frequency. A very slight movement would cause the change channels very quickly. More often than not; I overshot the frequency that I want.

Is it like that ? Or is there a trick to manipulating it that I don't know about ?

Since I can't find the iOS thread for this

This is a bug that was introduced with an update to DCS World recently. I'll try to take a look at this soon too!

I'll see if I can figure out why it's not working with TARS.

I'm not super familiar with TARS and don't really have any way to test it but I can say that I did install it and I saw logs from it initializing, so it does appear to be working while DCSVCS is installed as far as I can tell.

Something to check would be in your Export.lua, you should have lines similar to this

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

That file is located at C:\Users\YourUser\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Those are the two lines that call into both DCSVCS and TARS. If one or the other is missing, that's definitely a problem.

If that doesn't help resolve the issue, feel free to open a support ticket at http://support.bit-shift.com/ and we'll dig a little deeper into what's going on in your environment.

• 2 months later...

Pushed v 1.113 to the Play store today. Fixed some bugs and added a Caution/Warning panel.

Next up will probably be radios!

Looks great, but Unless i works in full screen mode, its not a runner for me, cause i have to be in full screen to use my gpu's in SLI.

If there's a work around i love to hear it.

Cheer.s

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

I don't find the caution panel in the list of items that I could unlock. What's the problem?

It's available in the "All Content" package and can't be unlocked individually right now.

Looks great, but Unless i works in full screen mode, its not a runner for me, cause i have to be in full screen to use my gpu's in SLI.

If there's a work around i love to hear it.

Cheer.s

I feel your pain, I would love to be able to use my XFire 7970's. No way around it at the moment, unfortunately.

Thanks boarder2. Hope I can unlock individually the caution panel later. Or any way to get my money back and to unlock the full package instead?

Second Question. Possible to connect more than one Android tablets to VCS Server? Example one for CDU, another one for caution panel?

Thanks boarder2. Hope I can unlock individually the caution panel later. Or any way to get my money back and to unlock the full package instead?

Second Question. Possible to connect more than one Android tablets to VCS Server? Example one for CDU, another one for caution panel?

You should be able to connect multiple tablets to do exactly what you're describing.

Open a ticket at http://support.bit-shift.com and we can see if we can do a refund for the stuff you've purchased. I know Google Play allows more control over this kind of stuff but I'm not sure how much.

Hi boarder2. I opened a ticket as you proposed. Please check if there is a way to change my previous payment.

Besides are you german?

Got it. I am American, but I love playing Euro Truck Simulator 2, if that helps! :thumbup: