Dcs nevada airports

GulfWarFighter

Hello.. i am new to dcs world 2.5.

But not to flightsims and some basic modding

I own the nevada map but i think the airports and airstrips used in the map are too close to each other to make some real warfare.

Is there a way to add airports to the map? If yes what tools do i need?

Hi GulfWarFighter and welcome to the DCS community!

Short answer, no you can't add airports on a map.

Long answer: If you think Nevada is too small (it is actually but it was meant for training purposes, not real war), go to Caucasus or Perisan Gulf or even better, fly choppers. You can setup FARPS pretty much anywhere you want and with a top speed of a chopper, Nevada can become much bigger than when flying a fast jet at high altitude! :)

Aren't there runway objects in the WW2 Asset pack?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi GulfWarFighter and welcome to the DCS community!

Short answer, no you can't add airports on a map.

Long answer: If you think Nevada is too small (it is actually but it was meant for training purposes, not real war), go to Caucasus or Perisan Gulf or even better, fly choppers. You can setup FARPS pretty much anywhere you want and with a top speed of a chopper, Nevada can become much bigger than when flying a fast jet at high altitude! :)

The map is not too small the few airports are close too each other..

And no i am a fighter pilot type of simmer not heli. Sorry for that.

I am waiting for f16 release.

But there is no game in the world thats not moddable.. most of the times it causes online missmatch probable they did not release a editor/sdk.

I know its a trainings map but like i sayd the few useable airports are

close to each other. But in real life there are more airports in the aera so thats why i ask is there a way to add custom airports

• 11 months later...

Over the years, it appears like the St George, UT area is being developed on the NTTR map. Does anyone know if they plan to add the two airports that are visible on the map when you fly over that city?

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Over the years, it appears like the St George, UT area is being developed on the NTTR map. Does anyone know if they plan to add the two airports that are visible on the map when you fly over that city?

I think Nevada map is final. They are not adding anything anymore. Only lightning changes etc. like 2.5.6 patch brought up.

Which is sad, since I wish there would be NAS Lemoore, China Lake or even Grand Canyon area.

Edited by Blinde