ATC will not respond to J-11A via Easy Comms or Voice

FoxTrotAlpha691

Good day, I am having an issue with the J-11A module not receiving any response from ATC regardless of the airfield that I am flying from. I do not have this issue with any other aircraft, I have run the repair function and it has not resolved the issue. I flew identical takeoff and landing missions out of Mozdok in the Su-27 then the J-11A to have a comparison flight. I checked the logs and noticed an error during the J-11A flight at timestamp 13:25:27.282 that says ' ALERT callname 1 not found for Pilot #001'. This error is not present in the log during the Su-27 flight and seems to be where the issue is occurring, I have the full log file as well as snips of each aircraft's entries in the log and will attach them here if possible. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have an open case with ED support (#89503 ) and their reply to me was to post this issue in the forum.

PC specs

Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GEFORCE GTX 1060 3 GB RAM

Edited by FALT691

repaire your dcs

uninstall all mods

re-create a j-11a mission completely same as the one your have issues

fly and check whether you can reproduce it

if yes,

provide log, your mission, can exact steps that you reproduce the issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I only had one mod installed, english blue cockpit mod, uninstalled the mod, ran repair function on DCS, created a new mission from same airfield ( Mozdok ) and had the same result. I got no communication at all from ATC whether I used Easy Comms or the Voice Attack commands I have configured for all aircraft. The same commands got responses from ATC during the Su-27 flight with no issues. Having trouble attaching the log file, I get an invalid file error each time even though it is a txt document and is ony 57 KB in size. Not sure why I cannot attach it.

Thank you for getting back to me, I have not removed any files purposely, however I did run the command line to switch my version from Stable to Openbeta so that I could access multi player servers. This

seems to be the most likely culprit since I have not attempted to modify anything else in my DCS install. As a possible solution could I install DCS on a separate machine then copy the ATC sounds folder from that install and replace my corrupted folder this way? Or would that break DCS completely? Just a thought, thank you for taking time to look at this issue for me, I appreciate it.

After you switched to OpenBeta, you'd better do a repair to avoid something unexpected.

You need no another DCS install, just do the repair,

and disk check, if you are not sure your hard disk is fine .

Edited by L0op8ack

Performed the repair, booted up DCS and created a new mission with J-11A out of Mozdok, still getting the same result. I use Voice Attack and in the console I can see my player name ( FoxTrotAlpha) as entering the J-11A module but there is no entry after callsign. When I fly any other aircraft 'Enfield 1-1' shows as my callsign in the Voice Attack console. In the log file it shows this line: 2019-09-12 13:43:19.938 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\rus\common\disabled_player\callsign\mozdok"

DCS is looking for folder name 'disabled_player' but when you follow this folder path the folder name is simply 'player' and not 'disabled_player', the deal is where is the line that says 'disabled_player' in the boot up or loading script? If this is changed to the correct folder name that should fix it, I just do not know where to go in the lua to make this type of correction. That is why I was thinking a uninstall/reinstall may fix it if the lua cannot be edited.

J-11A_VOICE_ATTACK_OUPUT.JPG.a4dd0cf32b6b17bbdbb508ea1d57e3e6.JPG

Su-27-VOICE-ATTACK-OUTPUT.thumb.JPG.4558b5f7206569fd4b356759d9a5b621.JPG

Edited by FALT691
Adding images

Well that's the end of it then, because as I stated in my original post I opened a ticket with ED, I even included the ticket number in this thread. They responded that I should address my issue here in the forums, didn't you read that in my first post? I found out more on my own than I did consulting here and with ED, how could you not know how to troubleshoot your own module? VA and VAICOM work fine with every other FC3 aircraft except the J-11A so this issue is not with DCS or VA/VAICOM it is with the code I sent to you where this module is looking for a folder that does not exist, that is what I need assistance with resolving and I was sure you would be able to advise me on how to fix the issue.

Well that's the end of it then, because as I stated in my original post I opened a ticket with ED, I even included the ticket number in this thread. They responded that I should address my issue here in the forums, didn't you read that in my first post? I found out more on my own than I did consulting here and with ED, how could you not know how to troubleshoot your own module? VA and VAICOM work fine with every other FC3 aircraft except the J-11A so this issue is not with DCS or VA/VAICOM it is with the code I sent to you where this module is looking for a folder that does not exist, that is what I need assistance with resolving and I was sure you would be able to advise me on how to fix the issue.

we don't use VA

you can check this one

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297&page=190

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I pursued this issue with the Voice Attack developers and here is their response:

Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 viewpost.gif

Thanks for sharing the log. It states a script is missing a particular 'Callname 1' input parameter.

This appears very specific to J-11 and not seen in other modules i.e. problem seems to originate in the module code.

The plugin does not use this parameter but, since the script halts, the voice command cannot complete.

Suggested to contact the module developers for a fix.

What you can try as workaround in the plugin is switch off these prefs: Force NATO ATC names / callsigns.

May have some effect so worth a try.

Grtz

So the root issue is with the code for the J-11A not containing the proper callsign programming to allow the aircraft to communicate with ATC. Please provide a fix for this coding error. All other FC3 aircraft are functional with Voice Attack/VAICOM and the J-11A should be functional also.

J-11A works fine in clean installed DCS,

the callsign code did not break the radio scripts.

From what I can see in you dcs.log, there are modified but missed files.

the software you are using modified your DCS files,

there is nothing we can do for this,

unless you have problem in clean install.

• 3 months later...

SOLVED:

The issue was the VAICOM profile for DCS, it was not allowing communication with the AI towers or AWACS. I disabled Plugin Support, created my own profile and now everything works fine. A user suggested this fix, I can see now why the Voice Attack devs nor VAICOM made this suggestion to me, it was purely a business decision. So VAICOM sucks and I will use Voice Attack without it from now on.