Using weather for haze in the Gulf?

Mr_sukebe

I was recently in Dubai, and whilst there, saw what I considered to be really serious haze, which I assumed would very much affect visibility whilst flying.

Just been having a look at the weather options, and applying dust seemed to work. I initially added it at 2000' and thought that it looked pretty good. However, I've only ever seen the real haze from ground level and hotel level (35th floor).

Would anyone have views on better/more accurate settings to simulate haze?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Using both dog and dust is the most realistic for coastal haze in the region as it it a mix of fog from the high humidity and dust from inland.

Of course as you move inland the fog disappears and only the dust is left, DCS can’t do localised fog/dust so you need to decide how to do it based on the location of your mission etc.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 3 years later...