ASW off capped at 45FPS

rss0900

Downloaded new oculus beta , turned off disabled ASW however DCS still is capped at 45 FPS. Anyone know how to turn this cap off, checked it against IL2 and after disabling I'm not longer capped at 45FPS in IL2.

Pressing CTRL num pad 1 does not do anything

Edited by rss0900

The easiest way to tell if asw is off, is to move your head sideways in the cockpit. If the gauges become blurred when you move, then ASW is off.

Even if it's off, the fps can remain at 45 if your game can't generate much more, it's just how oculus software works. Try looking up into the empty sky, that should show more fps.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Also When loading you have usually freezes and if the splash screen picture is cut in straightline ASW is off and if is jagged ASW is On.

You could use OTT (Oculus Tray Tool) to enforce ASW off but still not always stays Off. I use the drop down list on OTT to select show ASW status and if I see it's on (it says version/setting when On or Not Available when Off) I usually restart OTT (it has enforce ASW Off generally and as profiles for DCS.exe/DCS_Updater.exe). If all fails. Restart DCS or Oculus/DCS/OTT

I also have shortcut keys for OTT to turn off ASW etc but they don't seem to work in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

DCS is quite demanding in VR and depending on your rig's performance ASW may be constantly on. Try looking up at nothing but blue sky and see what it does. Use the in game FPS counter.

The official shortcut keys - these would need to be pressed whilst in the game. Substitute 40/80 fps for Rift S.

Control-Numpad1: Disables ASW and returns to the standard rendering mode.

Control-Numpad2: Forces apps to 45Hz with ASW disabled. Depending on the application, you are likely to experience judder.

Control-Numpad3: Forces apps to 45Hz with ASW enabled. Enabling and disabling ASW will help you see the effects of ASW.

Control-Numpad4: Enables ASW. ASW will automatically turn on and off, depending on whether the app maintains a 90Hz frame rate. This will be the default rendering mode when ASW is officially enabled in the runtime.

Alternatively one can use the Oculus Tray Tool with a profile set for DCS.exe to accomplish this. Note for the profile to apply properly, best to launch the game with DCS.exe, rather than the stock shortcut.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hello all thanks for the replies, when I look at the sky or the ground or swtich to another view the frames stay capped at 45, most definitely ASW is on as that number is not changing but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Developer tool - disable ASW no change

download and use oculus tray, setup profile for DCS - disable ASW no change

Control - num pad 1 - does not appear to do anything

running standalone version not through steamvr.

Hello all thanks for the replies, when I look at the sky or the ground or swtich to another view the frames stay capped at 45, most definitely ASW is on as that number is not changing but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Developer tool - disable ASW no change

download and use oculus tray, setup profile for DCS - disable ASW no change

Control - num pad 1 - does not appear to do anything

running standalone version not through steamvr.

Is it possible your specific setup is not able to give full non ASW fps?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is it possible your specific setup is not able to give full non ASW fps?

I don't think so because I'm literally locked at 45, if I start one of the campaigns it drops to 10-20fps . In Il2 at ultra settings with ASW off I'm getting 60-88 FPS. I've seen the numbers change in DCS but never over 45 and even changed everything to very low settings. Hoped someone had also experienced this and found out why ASW was still on, just uninstalled and reinstalled the program, waiting on that to see what happens

RESOLVED

I don't think so because I'm literally locked at 45, if I start one of the campaigns it drops to 10-20fps . In Il2 at ultra settings with ASW off I'm getting 60-88 FPS. I've seen the numbers change in DCS but never over 45 and even changed everything to very low settings. Hoped someone had also experienced this and found out why ASW was still on, just uninstalled and reinstalled the program, waiting on that to see what happens

After a complete uninstall and reinstall and using the oculus tray disable ASW option again, now getting over 45FPS. I've not uninstalled DCS for a long time, so appears at least my issues was related to something in the DCS files / saves / configurations or something. Problem now solved.

After a complete uninstall and reinstall and using the oculus tray disable ASW option again, now getting over 45FPS. I've not uninstalled DCS for a long time, so appears at least my issues was related to something in the DCS files / saves / configurations or something. Problem now solved.

Good deal!

Don B

I've had the same issue for awhile, locked at a solid 45fps, fortunately I have no lag or stuttering and have enjoyable sessions but was also curious why at 40k agl looking up into nothing but a blue sky my fps didn't change.

Can you please try to be more specific as to what you did and where you think the issue was, thanks.