PICO NEO 2 4K

maxsin72

Paper specs look nice, but how does well does it play DCS? and how much do the various models cost?

About 700 $ PICO NEO 2 4K (without eye tracking) and 900 $ PICO NEO 2 EYE 4K (with eye tracking). I don't know how well it play DCS.

Looks interesting. But i think DCS would have to actually support FR. And from what ive seen on the current tech it doesnt really save anywhere near as much as these guys are claiming.

But someone should try it in DCS and report back.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Isn't it standalone HMD?

Yes, like Quest.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also brain cancer...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have no interest in beaming 5g into my head for hours at a time.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I have no interest in beaming 5g into my head for hours at a time.

I don't believe this one has 5G. But bunch of those are coming in the near future with Qualcomm XR platform.

This one however only has 75hz. I would never consider anything lower than 80hz.

I don't believe this one has 5G. But bunch of those are coming in the near future with Qualcomm XR platform.

This one however only has 75hz. I would never consider anything lower than 80hz.

It has 5G: Using Qualcomm’s powerful 845 Snapdragon processor with Boundless XR, the Neo 2 allows content streaming from a VR Ready PC and existing PC VR platforms over wireless 2X2 MIMO 802.11ac 5G link with a common MIMO 5G router

It has 5G: Using Qualcomm’s powerful 845 Snapdragon processor with Boundless XR, the Neo 2 allows content streaming from a VR Ready PC and existing PC VR platforms over wireless 2X2 MIMO 802.11ac 5G link with a common MIMO 5G router

What it says means it'll connect to 5G router using 802.11ac which is WiFi. And here, they are being very elusive and misleading but I am pretty sure they are talking about 5Ghz WiFi channel. Not 5G Mobile network as the chip they mentioned is not 5G mobile network capable.

What it says means it'll connect to 5G router using 802.11ac which is WiFi. And here, they are being very elusive and misleading but I am pretty sure they are talking about 5Ghz WiFi channel. Not 5G Mobile network as the chip they mentioned is not 5G mobile network capable.

Yes, of course: in this case 5g is for PC streaming, so it is a fast WiFi channel that use similar frequency to the mobile type, also that is 5g, not only mobile.

Yes, of course: in this case 5g is for PC streaming, so it is a fast WiFi channel that use similar frequency to the mobile type, also that is 5g, not only mobile.

No it is not. 5Ghz Wifi channel... which existed for many years, is not similar as 5G mobile standard. And mobile 5G is not a frequency. It's set of standards a mobile carrier and hardware manufacturer has to meet.

No it is not. 5Ghz Wifi channel... which existed for many years, is not similar as 5G mobile standard. And mobile 5G is not a frequency. It's set of standards a mobile carrier and hardware manufacturer has to meet.

I know 5g is not only frequency and i also think you are wrong, please read here about MIMO 5G https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2019/06/20/how-5g-massive-mimo-transforms-your-mobile-experiences

particularly MIMO systems require a combination of antenna expansion and complex algorithms. It’s multifaceted, but MIMO has been used in wireless communications for a long time now — it’s common for both mobile devices and networks to have multiple antennas to enhance connectivity and offer better speeds and user experiences. MIMO algorithms come into play to control how data maps into antennas and where to focus energy in space. Both network and mobile devices need to have tight coordination among each other to make MIMO work.

And:

Massive MIMO is a key enabler of 5G’s extremely fast data rates and promises to raise 5G’s potential to a new level. The primary benefits of massive MIMO to the network and end users can be summed up as:

• Increased Network Capacity – Network Capacity is defined as the total data volume that can be served to a user and the maximum number of users that can be served with certain level of expected service. Massive MIMO contributes to increased capacity first by enabling 5G NR deployment in the higher frequency range in Sub-6 GHz (e.g., 3.5 GHz); and second by employing MU-MIMO where multiple users are served with the same time and frequency resources.

All this provided by qualcomm, and Pico Neo 2 uses 2X2 MIMO 802.11ac 5G.

I know 5g is not only frequency and i also think you are wrong, please read here about MIMO 5G https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2019/06/20/how-5g-massive-mimo-transforms-your-mobile-experiences

particularly MIMO systems require a combination of antenna expansion and complex algorithms. It’s multifaceted, but MIMO has been used in wireless communications for a long time now — it’s common for both mobile devices and networks to have multiple antennas to enhance connectivity and offer better speeds and user experiences. MIMO algorithms come into play to control how data maps into antennas and where to focus energy in space. Both network and mobile devices need to have tight coordination among each other to make MIMO work.

And:

Massive MIMO is a key enabler of 5G’s extremely fast data rates and promises to raise 5G’s potential to a new level. The primary benefits of massive MIMO to the network and end users can be summed up as:

• Increased Network Capacity – Network Capacity is defined as the total data volume that can be served to a user and the maximum number of users that can be served with certain level of expected service. Massive MIMO contributes to increased capacity first by enabling 5G NR deployment in the higher frequency range in Sub-6 GHz (e.g., 3.5 GHz); and second by employing MU-MIMO where multiple users are served with the same time and frequency resources.

All this provided by qualcomm, and Pico Neo 2 uses 2X2 MIMO 802.11ac 5G.

Nice googling but can't even start where to correct you. I'll just point out the obvious.

WiFi 5G is wired connection distributed via WiFi router so it only works at fixed location (Which is what PICO NEO 2 is).

Mobile 5G is network of towers provided by mobile carrier so you can have network anywhere (Which is what PICO NEO 2 is NOT).

It's completely different thing and googled definition of "Increased Network Capacity" means nothing. And the article you quoted is talking about Massive MIMO. It's another completely different thing. Not gonna get into that as it'll be long but just read the whole article.

For god's sake, if you say this thing is 5G capable because it connects to 5Ghz WiFi channel, then my daughter's 6 year old Galaxy S6 is 5G capable.

Edited by Taz1004

Nice googling but can't even start where to correct you. I'll just point out the obvious.

WiFi 5G is wired connection distributed via WiFi router so it only works at fixed location (Which is what PICO NEO 2 is).

Mobile 5G is network of towers provided by mobile carrier so you can have network anywhere (Which is what PICO NEO 2 is NOT).

It's completely different thing and googled definition of "Increased Network Capacity" means nothing. And the article you quoted is talking about Massive MIMO. It's another completely different thing. Not gonna get into that as it'll be long but just read the whole article.

For god's sake, if you say this thing is 5G capable because it connects to 5Ghz WiFi channel, then my daughter's 6 year old Galaxy S6 is 5G capable.

Ok, what qualcomm say means nothing and what you say is the truth. I'm sorry but i think that qualcomm knows what is talking about, not you, bye

LMAO, what Qualcomm says is right. YOUR interpretation of what Qualcomm said is wrong. Bye.

I never said Pico has 5G mobility capabilities, I said it has 5G WiFi just like qualcomm say, so your interpretation is wrong. And also a children knows that 5G WiFi and 5G mobility are two different things that share parts of the same tecnology.

5G mobile, "5G" stands for Fifth Generation and has several frequency bands.

5G with a 802.11 WiFi router stands for the 5GHz frequency band.

Two completely different things.

I agree with Taz that the term is being used as a marketing gimmick which may be meant to mislead people into thinking they're getting something they're not.

With everything I've been through in the last 11 months dealing with cancer that was most-likely caused by high-power, high-frequency electromagnetic radiation that I've been exposed to in my career field, the last thing I'm going to do is make a conscious decision to put a transceiver operating in those high frequency ranges on my head when I have the choice of having an HMD with a cable instead. This one is a no-go from the get-go for me.:no_sad:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

5G mobile, "5G" stands for Fifth Generation and has several frequency bands.

5G with a 802.11 WiFi router stands for the 5GHz frequency band.

Two completely different things.

I agree with Taz that the term is being used as a marketing gimmick which may be meant to mislead people into thinking they're getting something they're not.

In my first post i wrote "5G WiFi", this is the name of the tecnology, so 5G WiFi is 5g WiFi and not mobility. The shared parts of tecnology are MIMO:

MIMO systems require a combination of antenna expansion and complex algorithms. It’s multifaceted, but MIMO has been used in wireless communications for a long time now — it’s common for both mobile devices and networks to have multiple antennas to enhance connectivity and offer better speeds and user experiences. MIMO algorithms come into play to control how data maps into antennas and where to focus energy in space. Both network and mobile devices need to have tight coordination among each other to make MIMO work

I agree with you that all this is very commercial but i never wrote 5G WiFi and 5G mobility are the same thing but both provide a large bandwith.

With everything I've been through in the last 11 months dealing with cancer that was most-likely caused by high-power, high-frequency electromagnetic radiation that I've been exposed to in my career field, the last thing I'm going to do is make a conscious decision to put a transceiver operating in those high frequency ranges on my head when I have the choice of having an HMD with a cable instead. This one is a no-go from the get-go for me.:no_sad:

I agree with you (i prefer a wire for my health) and i wish you all the best :)

I thought you said bye. Well, quotes from above.

Me: I don't believe this one has 5G.

You: It has 5G

Me: I am pretty sure they are talking about 5Ghz WiFi channel. Not 5G Mobile network

You: it is a fast WiFi channel that use similar frequency to the mobile type, also that is 5g, not only mobile

Me: No it is not. 5Ghz Wifi channel is not similar as 5G mobile standard.

And then you quoted Qualcomm article talking about Massive MIMO which has nothing to do with Neo Pico.

These are what was said. You say that's not what you meant, that's fine. Let's just leave it at that.

Edited by Taz1004

In my first post i wrote "5G WiFi", this is the name of the tecnology, so 5G WiFi is 5g WiFi and not mobility. The shared parts of tecnology are MIMO:

MIMO systems require a combination of antenna expansion and complex algorithms. It’s multifaceted, but MIMO has been used in wireless communications for a long time now — it’s common for both mobile devices and networks to have multiple antennas to enhance connectivity and offer better speeds and user experiences. MIMO algorithms come into play to control how data maps into antennas and where to focus energy in space. Both network and mobile devices need to have tight coordination among each other to make MIMO work

I agree with you that all this is very commercial but i never wrote 5G WiFi and 5G mobility are the same thing but both provide a large bandwith.

I agree with you (i prefer a wire for my health) and i wish you all the best :)

Heh. I wasn't really intending to correct anybody, just trying to boil things down, because it looked to me like you guys were arguing the same point.

Thanks for the well wishes. Its in remission finally, so, GOOD DAYS AHEAD! :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I thought you said bye. Well, quotes from above.

Me: I don't believe this one has 5G.

You: It has 5G

Me: I am pretty sure they are talking about 5Ghz WiFi channel. Not 5G Mobile network

You: it is a fast WiFi channel that use similar frequency to the mobile type, also that is 5g, not only mobile

Me: No it is not. 5Ghz Wifi channel is not similar as 5G mobile standard.

And then you quoted Qualcomm article talking about Massive MIMO which has nothing to do with Neo Pico.

These are what was said. You say that's not what you meant, that's fine. Let's just leave it at that.

Please, read my first post: i wrote it has "5G WiFi" and Pico use MIMO tecnology if you read the link always at the first post.

End of discussion, i'm sorry but you are wrong, it happens also to the best person.I wish you a good night :)