DCS Supercarrier Not Available

Coire Dog

I have downloaded the Supercarrier and the Icon is on the main splash screen but when I go into the mission editor and try to place a ship on the map no options exist for the Supercarriers, Arleigh Burke etc. Only the originals are available, eg the Stennis, Tarawa etc. Within the modules it is enabled and I have uninstalled, re-installed, repaired all no joy. Download size was a little over 280mb.

Additionally There are no instant action missions available for the F18 or F14.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks.

Edited by Coire Dog
More info

I have downloaded the Supercarrier and the Icon is on the main splash screen but when I go into the mission editor and try to place a ship on the map no options exist for the Supercarriers, Arleigh Burke etc. Only the originals are available, eg the Stennis, Tarawa etc. Within the modules it is enabled and I have uninstalled, re-installed, repaired all no joy. Download size was a little over 200mb.

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong?

Thanks.

Same here

In DCS.log:

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CVN_71 not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit USS_Arleigh_Burke_IIa not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CVN_73 not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CV_1143_5 not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CVN_72 not found

Edited by edineygomes

Same here

In DCS.log:

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CVN_71 not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit USS_Arleigh_Burke_IIa not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CVN_73 not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CV_1143_5 not found

2020-05-20 20:54:08.209 ERROR Scripting: unit CVN_72 not found

I have the same entries in my DCS log. Hmmm, seems a few of us are having the same issue.

Have you updated to the latest OP?

Thanks..

From what I saw here, he is not downloading the naval units to the coremods / tech folder

Apologies, I’m not sure what you mean here. The download should automatically put all the needed files where required and not require any intervention from ourselves.

Thanks...

Apologies, I’m not sure what you mean here. The download should automatically put all the needed files where required and not require any intervention from ourselves.

Thanks...

In a friend's folder there are two more folders in .. \\ coremods \ tech called Kuznecow and USS_Nimitz. He told me that when he downloaded the module, its size was 290Mb. My installation is only 283Mb

Updated to last version

As things are going, I'm going to take a break from DCS and go back to my other simulators and other games. DCS is giving a lot of headaches with these problems. Each update comes more and more bugs. Many friends have already given up playing DCS because of these problems ...

Going into OpenBeta\bin and clicking DCS_updater.exe worked for me.

Maybe a dumb question but when you updated via the DCS-updater.exe you were able to see the new carriers in the Mission Editor? I've tried several times. They're listed and I can select them but I can't see the actual carrier in the editor, only the icon. Can't place any static objects, etc on the deck (can't see the deck). I see them in the missions and can fly the SP missions there but ME doesn't appear to work properly for me.

For me, Although I'd download the module (about 250mb is size) and could see the module in the installed list, i could not find the carrier in the editor.

Answer was my Beta had not updated from 2.5.6.47404 to 2.5.6.49314.

Using the Updater.exe downloaded about 5gbs more of data.

For me, Although I'd download the module (about 250mb is size) and could see the module in the installed list, i could not find the carrier in the editor.

Answer was my Beta had not updated from 2.5.6.47404 to 2.5.6.49314.

Using the Updater.exe downloaded about 5gbs more of data.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, mine is updated to 2.5.6.49314 but I don't see the deck in the editor screen. Thanks for the info.