TF-51D can't contact AWACS for bogey dope

D4n

in multiplayer, voiceline "request bogey dope" plays, but no reply although AWACS is alive (is in radio menu) and I'm in correct SRS frequency for AWACS. in Singleplayer, radio menu won't even show that AWACS is present.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I used SRS in multiplayer, so I selected correct AWACS frequency on my radio. In Singleplayer, I preset 1st radio channel to AWACS frequency. What do you mean by "PTT"? I checked "communication menu" keybinding.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I used SRS in multiplayer, so I selected correct AWACS frequency on my radio. In Singleplayer, I preset 1st radio channel to AWACS frequency. What do you mean by "PTT"? I checked "communication menu" keybinding.

Not talking about SRS. You have to select the proper preset in the plane. It's setup by the mission designer. PTT Push to talk button in the keybindings. It's all in the manual.

The "additional" SRS radios (that go beyond what the aircraft iteself has in DCS) cannot be used to contact any ingame entity - they are only for talking to other players on SRS.

Like Daniel said, you will need to contact the AWACS on your primary radio. Most MP servers usually preset the frequencies correctly though, so one of them might be AWACS. To check this just swap through the channels and look at what frequency the SRS overlay shows for that radio.

• 1 year later...

Over 1 year later, still unable. And we can't expect all MP mission-creators to set a channel for AWACS on TF-51s, we honestly need an easy way option of it always working regardless of radio-channel (only as long as the radio isn't destroyed by some ingame-damage ofc.).