Carrier Air Wing 1 recruitment

BoneDust

We still have training slots open. New to DCS? no problem. Experienced? no problem. Come along, see what we offer, we have training on F18, and soon F14 as well, regular wing sorties with varied and often challenging tasks and 2 dedicated servers. We also run our own TeamSpeak and utilise SRS for all mission comms. We are open to all players with English as a fluent language, and are particularly looking for pilots from the UK at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

We have openings for new pilots since we've removed a few and many have completed our training program.

We are looking for 4 vpilots who fly open beta F18. We are experimenting with the F14 so that platform is also available to fly. 2 European time zone and 2 North American time zone. We are also looking for up to 3 dedicated RIOs. You must have some flight experience and you must have your technical issues sorted. You must be able to fly a minimum of 2 times per week. You must be able to complete our training program in 60 days; extensions are granted on an individual bases. We have two dedicated servers running; one combat and one for training, 3 IPs for the Hornet, and a good balance with hardcore and fun.

You must be at least 20 years old, speak English, use SRS, and own Open Beta, F18, Persian Gulf, TiR or VR. If you're interested contact us on our forum https://forum.vcaw1.com/ under "Introductions and Recruitment". :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I’m interested. I’ve been getting back into dcs after a long hiatus now that they finally have a good multi-role platform and have been flying the f18 for about a month now. Thinking about getting into the f14 as well. I fly with vr and am available most nights after 8/8:30 pm eastern time (I’m in america). I used to fly with the 51st years ago, but challenges meeting their time requirements made me decide to give it up. They fly mostly on a European time block which translates to 2-3pm est while I am still at work. I’d like to meet you guys and see if we get along before deciding to join though. I’ll look into it some more tonight after I get off work and see if I can catch a few of you online.

I’m interested. I’ve been getting back into dcs after a long hiatus now that they finally have a good multi-role platform and have been flying the f18 for about a month now. Thinking about getting into the f14 as well. I fly with vr and am available most nights after 8/8:30 pm eastern time (I’m in america). I used to fly with the 51st years ago, but challenges meeting their time requirements made me decide to give it up. They fly mostly on a European time block which translates to 2-3pm est while I am still at work. I’d like to meet you guys and see if we get along before deciding to join though. I’ll look into it some more tonight after I get off work and see if I can catch a few of you online.

Sounds good. Look us up on our forum

https://forum.vcaw1.com/

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have two slots available for North American time zones. These slots are for the Hornet. You're expected to participate in most of the scheduled wing flights Wednesday and Saturday @9pm eastern, and expected to complete our training program within 60 days.

Please visit us at https://forum.vcaw1.com/ and introduce yourself in our recruitment thread stating your flight sim background.

We expect participation. If you can't commit to participate there are many other wings available to chose from, but CVW1 would not be for you. We are a ramp to ramp wing and use NATOPs procedure with slight variations to accommodate the sim. You can participate in combat flights while undergoing training. You will fly with an experienced lead. We typically field 8-10 pilots for our scheduled flights flying both the Hornet and Tomcat. If you are experienced you'll advance through our training program quickly; some folks finish it in as little as two weeks while others take the full 60 days.

cheers

Edited by BoneDust

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking for two more pilots North American time zone.

https://forum.vcaw1.com/

• 5 months later...

We are actively recruiting:

- 2 F18 pilots from North America;

- 1 F14 pilots from North America;

https://vcaw1.com/

We expect participation; minimum 2 flights per week. If you can't commit to that we are not interested in you. We are not an administrative wing; we fly.

Edited by BoneDust

We are closing recruitment as this time for the wing's deployment.

• 3 weeks later...

Deployment is still happening but we do not currently have any North American student pilots so we are opening the door for 1 F18 pilot.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...