'Engine stop lever' confusion

Johnny Dioxin

I spotted this analogue assignment in the axis control options.

I couldn't find anything that was called this, in the quickstart manual, which goes through the start-up sequence.

I assumed it was the "Fuel cut-off lever" as I think it is named in the VC in-sim, but when I decided to assign it to my Warthog throttle lever (Slider) nothing happens that I can see, anywhere in the cockpit.

Is this a 'beta' foible or have I missed something?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hmmm, strange - I was looking down there, but saw nothing moving. That's about where the fuel cut-off lever is. I did turn on the battery, too, in case it needed power, but I will go through the whole start-up routine later (a little pressed for time now) and see if it is the one I think it is.

I didn't look to see if there is a keyboard control, though - that might help find it, as I know the fuel lever has keyboard assignments - 'Home' and 'RShift-Home'.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I gave it a try, but now I'm even more confused.

When starting up the aircraft, the "engine stop lever" as assigned to my throttle slider, did nothing. I had to use "Home" and "Right-Shift-Home" to get the engine started.

I then moved the slider back, and it shut the engine down. It also moved a separate lever, below the fuel cut-off lever.

That seemed fair enough - but when I went to the keyboard assignments to check what they were for the engine stop lever - it was "Home" and "Right-Shift-Home"!

So what the heck is going on, I have zero idea.

Kneeboard Guides

Errr... Are You sure You're looking at the right lever? The fuel valve lever IS the lowest one, there are no others below it. See: manual, page 85 drawing for reference.

To me, it sounds like You've already made correct axis assignment, but You don't use it correctly. Mind You, you have to operate the lever smoothly according to specific procedure in order to start up the engine.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Okay - now working as expected. No idea why I was unable to get it to work before, but it is now, so...

Also found that previously I had to have my toebrake axes inverted but now not. All's well that ends well.

Kneeboard Guides