FFB dual trim issue

Eldur

Exactly the same problem as with the MiG-21, minus the auto stabilizer thing the MiG-21 doesn't have.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131091

In short: Dual trim, stick force center moves plus elevatr input changes. It should be just one of them. If the plane's whole horizontal stabilizer is being moved (like it's the case in the FW-190 or Bf-109), the input should change, if it's just trim tabs, the stick force center should move. But never both things at the same time. This heavily reduces trim precision!

Thanks in advance for having a look at it. Otherwise the 15 is awesome! Love that thump-thump-thump 37mm cannon :)

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 10 months later...

Gotta bump up my own old thead...

Just a few days ago I did fly the MiG-15bis again after what could have been felt like ages. The best thing about it is that the issue I described here is fixed, the trim now works as expected, just like the FW-190's pinkiepieexcited.png

Thanks for fixing, I didn't even read anything about this in patch notes... twilightsmile.png

But on a side note, the F-86 has exactly the same issue still, didn't even notice it back then when it came out as it didn't even have FFB at all. So if you could do the same there, it would be

I know the Sabre's got the "all flying tail", to my understanding it uses both elevator surfaces as well as tilting the whole stabilizer at the same time on stick input, but trim just affects the stabilizer angle alone - so it should be just like the MiG in terms of FFB modeling rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg