[REPORTED] MFCPs on other screen blurry.

Eihort

I want to emphasize that I am not using any 3rd party software what so ever to have these MFCPs (left and right) rendered on another monitor. This is simply config file editing. I have the display setting at 1024 every frame, and changing that setting doesn't seem to do any good.

For the A-10C, it works splendidly. This is what the other screen is showing.

unknown.png

Inside the mainviewport, everything is also fine:

unknown.png?width=906&height=864

However, on the other monitor, it looks like I need reading glasses or something:

unknown.png

This is the only aircraft I have this problem with. Any ideas on how to fix this without using any 3rd party software?

Edited by Eihort
Chaging title, updated with more info to try and replicate

I am not seeing any issue here.

Could you please post your export cfg here?

What resolution is your primary monitor/dcs running during your test?

What resolution is your secondary monitor running that receives the export?

Please post a capture of your settings/system DCS showing your graphics settings.

I gave up on exporting the DDI's/AMPCD's because they were blurry. So, if yours works, it would help

Happy simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Have you tried comparing the calibration of your monitors? Sure seems like it's on your end. I am not seeing any issue here.

The A-10C capture and the F/A-18C capture are from that second monitor via windows snipping tool, with no changes between aircraft or settings. Just loaded one up, and then the other in the same session, with the same config files.

Again, this is with no third party software like helios or anything else.

Also going to +1 the request for all your settings.

Did some more testing.

This is a 4k resolution issue.

Nominally, I run this type of setup with a 4k monitor and a small dell 1024x768, to which I have velcroed my Cougar MFDs to the corners. Here are shots of my windows monitor layout, main settings screen, and my MonitorSetup lua.

78c99a7319.png

178bbb8857.jpg

_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('A10 Jon4K');
Description = 'MFDs for A10C';
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 3840;
height = 2160;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.7;
}
}
LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 3836;
y = 0;
width = 379;
height = 373;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 4496;
y = 0;
width = 369;
height = 367;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

With the above setup, I get the blurry MFCPs on the second monitor, and perfect A-10C MFDs with the exact same setup.

If I adjust everything to where my main display is now 1920x1080 with a 1024x768 tacked on, and do the math and move the numbers in the MonitorSetup lua, the MFCPs work perfectly

I don't know what it is, but for some reason the engine is clearly handing the F/A-18C MFCPs differently than the A-10C MFDs when you're in 4k vs 1080.

Edited by Eihort

• 3 months later...

Ok, I've been doing some multi-screen configurations and found that this problem apears when the export screen is in a vertical configuration. It makes no sence but on an horizontal configuration, the export screen is perfectly readable.

Have you tried comparing the calibration of your monitors? Sure seems like it's on your end. I am not seeing any issue here.

This is a well known problem with the Hornet since launch. Has nothing to do with screen calibration. The Hornet handles displays completely different from all the other aircraft, really large resolutions and display exports result in fuzzy displays.

Fix can be found here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555460&postcount=117

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555530&postcount=118

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

This is a well known problem with the Hornet since launch. Has nothing to do with screen calibration. The Hornet handles displays completely different from all the other aircraft, really large resolutions and display exports result in fuzzy displays.

Fix can be found here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555460&postcount=117

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3555530&postcount=118

Please do not call this a "fix".. its not a fix if it ruins the in game displays..

I use this modification, but now I cannot read my RWR or JHMCS.

A fix from ED is required. This issue has been reported many times before.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3631456#post3631456

Please do not call this a "fix".. its not a fix if it ruins the in game displays..

I use this modification, but now I cannot read my RWR or JHMCS.

A fix from ED is required. This issue has been reported many times before.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3631456#post3631456

My in game displays are fine with this fix, however my values are tweaked from that post. Also because my main resolution is 3440x1440, the lines by default are fuzzier than a normal 1080p monitor, so it's adjusting my main display to be more normal, so I guess if your main display is starting from normal it's adjusting them away from that, if that makes sense.

I do agree this is fully ED/BSTs fault, considering no other aircraft exports behave like this. So far they've completely ignored this issue.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I did realize this has been discussed before. But because this thread is marked [CANNOT REPRODUCE] and nine line is posting in it apparently oblivious to the issue, I decided to post my findings here. Also because I'm not sure if someone had made the observation about the dife trencesbetween arrangements. This can also explain I think, why .some people don't observe the issue at all.

The fix for me atm is using the monitors in windows side by side configuration, that doesn't have to mac the physical arrangement. This makes it somewhat awkward the monitors in windows, so a real fix by ED would be appreciated.

Hi

Running 3440 x 1440 as main display all other DCS MFD aircraft are fine, but Hornet MFDS and HUD are blurred and not as sharp. Main cockpit and other graphics are great.

I know this has been posted before but I am not seeing any fix for this issue.

I have a feeling that the problem is related to a ratio of the the 'X vs Y' ratio in the code.

ie instead of something along the lines as 'DDI_symbols = X number / Y number' its 'DDI_symbols = Text / Text' (this is just an example, not a real line of code)

I believe this because we see so many differences based on user resolution and monitor placement.

I think the DDI symbols and text are being stretched based on the symbol size being some ratio of some video format.

Ok I can now confirm Beamscanner, is very much on to this. Here is the MFDs beeing exported in preaty much the same resolution (actually each display is about 4x4 pixels less, but that should not make much of a diference) but only using part of the second screen, in a vertical resolution.

You can now see that, the displays are still considerably less readeable than in the side by side configuration, but still noticebly more readable than when using the whole screen. So this is defenitly tied to the total rate of x/y pixels.

jFeTTW9.jpg

This is an issue - I can confirm. I have to edit the MDG_StrokesDefs.lua in order to get my exported images to display clearly; and yes it messes with the ingame displays. The A10c does NOT have this issue.

For what it is worth here is my strokes def:

--FOR SIMPIT

--MDG_strokesDefs.lua

stroke_thickness = 0.7

stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 2.0

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 2.0

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.6

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

Here is my custom monitor file for a 3440x2240 resolution:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('My setting');

Description = 'This is the file I edit for practice'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3440;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 3440/1440;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 76;

y = 1465;

width = 650;

height = 650;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 885;

y = 1467;

width = 650;

height = 650;

}

CENTER_MFCD =

{

x = 1625;

y = 1710;

width = 555;

height = 537;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Edited by Guppy

Hey Guppy, do you mind setting your monitor in windows to be side by side and setting your total resolution accordingly. if you don't want to create a monitorsetup file from scratch for that, you can use my automatic one I posted here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236279

Need more people confirming this only happens (or is agravated) is certain total res aspect ratios.

Ok I can now confirm Beamscanner, is very much on to this. Here is the MFDs beeing exported in preaty much the same resolution (actually each display is about 4x4 pixels less, but that should not make much of a diference) but only using part of the second screen, in a vertical resolution.

You can now see that, the displays are still considerably less readeable than in the side by side configuration, but still noticebly more readable than when using the whole screen. So this is defenitly tied to the total rate of x/y pixels.

jFeTTW9.jpg

Excellent test!

So to clarify:

- No issue exists when using a side by side monitor setup.

- DDI export is extremely blurred while using a top and bottom monitor setup.

- DDI export is slightly blurred while using a top display and half of the bottom monitor.

This should really help ED isolate the issue. Lets just hope someone at ED uses a vertical monitor setup so they can test this.

In the mean time, im going to look through some of the lua files to see where the DDI symbols reference the screen x/y pixels.

Excellent test!

So to clarify:

- No issue exists when using a side by side monitor setup.

- DDI export is extremely blurred while using a top and bottom monitor setup.

- DDI export is slightly blurred while using a top display and half of the bottom monitor.

This should really help ED isolate the issue. Lets just hope someone at ED uses a vertical monitor setup so they can test this.

In the mean time, im going to look through some of the lua files to see where the DDI symbols reference the screen x/y pixels.

Yup, this is clearly tied to vertical pixel count. Explains why 1440p and 4k makes the displays fuzzier, and common stacked monitor exports are even worse.

Now if only ED would finally acknowledge this.

Hey Beamscanner, since you are going to look through the LUA, MDG_strokesDefs.lua seams to be interesting. I haven't tried messing with it, but it aparently is used to control the black outlines on the DDIs symbology. One of the things I can clearly notice on the bad visual setups is an increase in the black outline. Maybe Worth messing about with, might give more interesting results than the other more used "fix".

Also noticed, and maybe this is closer to a real fix, that Common_page_defs.lua on Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\ is using some GetScale Variable to set DDI font and Symbology scale. Don't know much about coding, but maybe that can point you in the right direction.