Waste of money - Computer upgrade problem

hreich

Well...The story is following...i was playing Lomac Flaming cliffs, on my old computer Amd2800, 1gb ram, readeon9800pro. It was too damn slow. Then I purchased Intel E6400, 2gb ram, geforce 7800gt. Now its fast. Then i started following your development of Blackshark. Now, I am wondering im a gonna need to buy me a new computer to play it? So much advanced stuff. From FM to avionics. Will it be playable in campaign with load of enemy targets?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

thats a prtty good set up.

What speed it the CPU?

should be alright. If it runs FC fine all on Med Graphics then yeah its fine.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

BS doesn't take advantage of Dual and multi core CPUs so you better "upgrade" to something singlecored but fast as hell!

Me 2, I run FC on 4 YO Intel 2.8 and I didn't want to upgrade to any C2D or Q CPUs until I see BS at the end of the tunnel!

Now I'm glad because 1st release of DCS won't support dual cores and shit like that!

I believe that BS will run better on my p4-2.8GHz than on Q6600 (4X2.4Ghz) if it's using only single core (2.4)!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now now there is probably no need at all to revert back to the single core for the higher clock. because there are so many other things you can use dual core for, even though lockon only uses one core, you can still run Lockon Great. what matters is some of the processor's clock speed but also the Cache. the processor you have is good but if you want to upgrade stick with core 2 duo because of the insanly high cache ;) no need to go back to single core only if the one sole purpouse is to run lock on.. :P

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Originally Posted by DCS Black Shark page, Ground Vehicles, Ships and Weapons section:

The simulation algorithms of ground vehicles, ships and weapons had been improved to provide a significant system performance improvement. This allows users to place many detailed units in a mission without a large system performance penalty.

All vehicles now include several Levels Of Detail (LOD) and also help assist in system performance.

Performance should accordingly not deteriorate

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I believe that BS will run better on my p4-2.8GHz than on Q6600 (4X2.4Ghz) if it's using only single core (2.4)!

1. A single core of an Intel 6600 CPU @ 2.4 GHz is faster than a single-core Pentium 4 2.8 GHz. The newer Intel chips do more per clock cycle.

2. The FSB is much higher on that 6600, resulting in greatly increased memory bandwidth for higher performance.

3. The newer Intel CPUs have greater cache sizes.

In almost all circumstances a new CPU, using newer architecture, will beat out one that is 4 years old. This situation is no exception.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

1. A single core of an Intel 6600 CPU @ 2.4 GHz is faster than a single-core Pentium 4 2.8 GHz. The newer Intel chips do more per clock cycle.

2. The FSB is much higher on that 6600, resulting in greatly increased memory bandwidth for higher performance.

3. The newer Intel CPUs have greater cache sizes.

A single core of E2140 at 1.6 GHz (the cheapest/weakest Core 2 Duo) should be faster than P4 2.8 GHz and it has only 1 MB of cache. The cache is not at all important for gaming.

But that logic about the single core being faster in single-threaded applications isn't logical. There is more to running a game than the application thread, especially in case of CPU intensive games such as Lock On. For instance, the CPU has to translate the DirectX commands for the graphics card so an extra core comes in handy (the graphics card drivers support this).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

sorry but completely wrong... I suggest you to travel at hardware websites a little bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS