How do I get units to transmit their position for ADF?

112th_Rossi

ADF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

two problems.

1) F-5E only has TACAN (and that is similar to a VOR, not an ADF) <- ok, looks like I was wrong. There IS an ADF here in the aircraft ... I just can't figure out how to use it.

2) From my understanding, only the Huey can pick up signals for tracking transmitted ADF signals.

I could be very wrong though

EDIT!

After doing some research and testing, I couldn't have been more wrong! I tested this on the F-5E, Mig-15, and F-86.

You can have ADF locations set up two different ways. Either on a trigger location (similar to how you do smoke markers) or on an actual unit.

For Trigger location ADF: Set up a location by doing "Create Trigger Zone" and name it "Beacon" or whatever you'd like. Then under the triggers do "Radio Transmission" There you can put in a sound file (of a Morse code if you'd like, and set to repeat) or just keep it quiet. Then select the zone you just created, and set the AM radio station.

For Unit ADF: Set up a unit and under its "Advanced Waypoint" or "Triggered Actions" set up "Transmit Message" under the "Perform Command" section. You need to make sure that you set the A.I.'s frequency correctly.

Hope this helps!

- Apache600

Edited by Apache600
there IS a way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546