DictKey_Waypoint ... all waypoints renamed

0xDEADBEEF

Hi guys!

I'm in the process of getting to know the ME. I'm starting with scripting (I have a coding background from 10 years ago, also lua), added MIST to my Mission, but didnt do anything with it instead of loading it. Then I've tried to run DCS in a second instance and reload the mission for faster testing. Once the mission was running in the second instance (DCS 1.5 release) I could not save changes in the ME anymore (running 1.5.2 openbeta, same version as release). After closing the running mission I could save again in ME, but, and this is what I completely not understand: *all* waypoints are now renamed to "DictKey_WptName_%number".

While I do have a backup of the mission with proper waypoint names. I would really like to understand what happened. I did a search on the Forum for DictKey_Wpt but didnt get any results. So I felt like opening a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

beef

There's a thread about it here ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=148601

I think part of the problem though is that you have the mission file open in 2 different locations so you're getting a write-access error which would make sense.

From what I can tell, there are 2 ways you can get this Dict_key problem. The first, when you get a write-access error and second, when you import a version 1.2.xx mission and don't save first in 1.5 before making changes.

ahh ok, so this also implies that the technique to reduce load-times by just reloading a mission file in multiplayer in a second instance that I've read in one of the beginner-threads is no longer working?

weird, i searched for DictKey but didnt get a result neither in google nor the forum search ...

ahh ok, so this also implies that the technique to reduce load-times by just reloading a mission file in multiplayer in a second instance that I've read in one of the beginner-threads is no longer working?
I think loading a mission file in 2 places is fine. It's when you try to make changes to a mission open in more than one place where you would get write-access errors.

I think loading a mission file in 2 places is fine. It's when you try to make changes to a mission open in more than one place where you would get write-access errors.

Well thats what I'm doing. Mission Editor and Multiplayer session. Write-access error. Or am I missing your point?

Well thats what I'm doing. Mission Editor and Multiplayer session. Write-access error. Or am I missing your point?
ok. I guess I've never tried opening a mission from 2 different DCS instances before. I know I've had the Dict_key problem when trying to save while I had the mission file also open in a zipping utility. So, your problem looks to be different.

It is no longer applicable in 1.5/2.0 because of the game now being a unified exe. The old trick worked because the mission editor/GUI was a separate exe from the actual sim, which is what MP back then used. Now its just one program and you should have extremely short loading times when you reload a mission.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum