If you could have 1 WW2 attack plane module, what would it be? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-27-2019, 01:24 AM   #41
Richard Dastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy55 View Post
I agree with xvii-Dietrich and so would like to see the Avro Lancaster. As one WW2 Lanc pilot told me some years ago, ‘It was like a four engined fighter’.
The Stirling ( which I don't want, thanks! ) was supposedly able to outturn some fighters at altitude... not a great plane otherwise though. I think we're limited to two engines currently, so a Pe-2 would be an interesting comparison with the Mossie & a Ju-88 if we ever got a flyable. The ones I've tried elsewhere have been pretty fun. Would still take a Tempest though :p

I did actually think about an IL-2, that'd be awesome, but the resulting firestorm might not be worth it

Last edited by Richard Dastardly; 10-27-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Richard Dastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:41 AM   #42
Ibis

For the "breakout from Normandy" it can only be the Typhoon.
It was absolutely pivotal in the destruction of supply lines and
reinforcements so that the foothold then the advance could be
maintained.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:28 AM   #43
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
so a Pe-2 would be an interesting comparison
Oh yeah. Would love a DCS Peshka myself. Lots of hair-raising memories of divebombing in one in another sim long time ago...
Old 11-16-2019, 11:54 PM   #44
Richard Dastardly

Debating what torpedo dropper I'd like to see right now - tossup between the Beaufighter X and the Swordfish did the Russians have indigenous torpedo bombers? do any still exist if so?

Also, is the Swordfish the only biplane to carry radar? ( they were fitted with ASV radar to hunt subs ). In addition, apparently sunk more tonnage than any other allied aircraft ( including the Avenger )

Incidentally we're limited to 8 engines, which is a few more options...

Last edited by Richard Dastardly; 11-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Richard Dastardly is offline   Reply With Quote