Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Aaaahhh... I wish all of you would have the opportunity to see, hear and feel this beauty IRL. It sure was sweet growing up in Sweden during the 80's situated in the middle of two major airbases and all the road bases just minutes away. Thank you LNS!

Now I just have to convince the DCS-BIOS and Hawgtouch people what to prioritize next :pilotfly:

Viggen.thumb.JPG.dfbaa212b7426dc196910a0caacfefdf.JPG

Aaah. Reminds me of Jane's F/A-18. :)

My bet is still on Gotland/Baltic though.

Yea that seems more likely since 99% of the swedish sorties are to intercept russian/soviet aircraft over the baltic sea. :P

Edited by RaXha

AJS-37 is gonna be awsome.

Its the most capable one.

Il give some Slight backstory / info about the AJS Variant for those unfamiliar with it.

In 1992 a Limited Upgrade the was started for all the viggen variants but the fighter variant to give them more of a multirole capabillity

For the AJ-37 (attack variant) this was mostly a weapon systems upgrade.

For one Allowing it to Use new weapons like the BK 90 the RB-15 Anti ship missile aswell as the abillity to use the Aim-9L of the JA-37

(though the Aim-9L upgrade came in the second batch of upgrades in 96 along with the BK90)

To allow the use of the new weapons some of the Aircrafts Computer systems where upgraded.

The other change was that alot of the Pylons where rewired to allow more of the pylons to use the different Ordnance options.

For example before the AJS upgrade in 92 only 2 of the viggens Pylons could carry the AGM-65 (RB-75 in swedish service) but after the AJS upgrade that was upped to 4 pylons being AGM-65 capable.

aswell only 2 pylons could use the Aim-9 missiles but after the upgrade all 6 where Aim-9 capable. (AIM-9P3 to start with but in 96 Aim-9L)

AJSHF37_Bev-stor.jpg

This is a Small Diagram of the different weapons and the pylons they use.

Its not extremly reasy to read =P but hey.

The weapons in Black are the ones avalible for that specific pylon before the upgrade and white are the additional pylons that can now use that weapon.

These are the translations for the weapon designations.

Il start from the Top down.

Luftmålsvapen (weapons that can be used in the Air-Air Role)

Akankapslar = Gunpods

RB 24J = Aim-9P3 (RB 24 is the Aim-9B but it was retired in the late 70s)

RB 74 = Aim-9L

RB 05A is a Swedish Mclos Air-Ground missile that could also be used against slowmoving air targets (Helos)

AttackVapen = Air to Ground Ordnance

ARAK = Rocket pods (with ÖRAK being Practice rockets)

Spräng/ÖvnBomber = HE / Practice Bombs

(Unguided 120kg bombs of wich 16 could be carried)

Lysbomber = Ilumination Bombs

RB-75 = AGM 65

RB 04E = Long range Fire and forget Anti-Ship Sissile from the mid 70s

RB 15F = Very Long range Fire and forget Anti-Ship Missile Entered service in the late 80s

BK = Short for BK 90 also known as DWS 24 (or DWS 39) wich is a Gliding Stand-off Cluster Bomb Comparable to the US AGM-154 JSOW.

Since its early on we dont know wich of these are given and wich are not.

Id say all but the BK 90 and Aim-9L are given since those 2 came with the 96 AJS variant.

The BK 90 would be one of the most Capable weapons in the game with

With a Range between 8km when launched at tree top level to outwards of 30+km at altitudes of above 6000m.

In whatever the Form the AJS 37 arrives in im hyped.

Im happy its the AJS 37 more for the increased Choice of Pylons then for a potential BK-90.

But yea the Viggen is gonna be an effective and very interesting aircraft with some interesting Munitions (RB 05 and BK90 Especially)AJS-37 is gonna be awsome.

Its the most capable one.

Il give some Slight backstory / info about the AJS Variant for those

In 1992 a Limited Upgrade was started for all the viggen variants but the fighter variant to give them more of a multirole capabillity.

For the AJ-37 (attack variant) this was mostly a weapon systems upgrade.

Both allowing it to Use new weapons like the BK 90 the RB-15 Anti ship missile aswell as the abillity to use the Aim-9L of the JA-37

(though the Aim-9L upgrade came in the second batch of upgrades in 96)

To allow the use of the new weapons the Aircrafts Computer systems where updated.

The other change was that alot of the Pylons where rewired to allow more of the pylons to use the different Ordnance options.

For example before the AJS upgrade in 92 only 2 of the viggens Pylons could carry the AGM-65 (RB-75 in swedish service) but after the AJS upgrade that was upped to 4 pylons being AGM-65 capable.

aswell only 2 pylons could use the Aim-9 missiles but after the upgrade all 6 where Aim-9 capable. (AIM-9P3 to start with but in 96 Aim-9L)

AJSHF37_Bev-stor.jpg

This is a Small Diagram of the different weapons and the pylons they use.

Its not extremly reasy to read =P but hey.

The weapons in Black are the ones avalible for that specific pylon before the upgrade and white are the additional pylons that can now use that weapon.

These are the translations for the weapon designations.

Il start from the Top down.

Luftmålsvapen (weapons that can be used in the Air-Air Role)

Akankapslar = Gunpods

RB 24J = Aim-9P3 (RB 24 is the Aim-9B but it was retired in the late 70s)

RB 74 = Aim-9L

RB 05A is a Swedish Mclos Air-Ground missile that could also be used against slowmoving air targets (Helos)

AttackVapen = Air to Ground Ordnance

ARAK = Rocket pods (with ÖRAK being Practice rockets)

Spräng/ÖvnBomber = HE / Practice Bombs

(Unguided 120kg bombs of wich 16 could be carried)

Lysbomber = Ilumination Bombs

RB-75 = AGM 65

RB 04E = Long range Fire and forget Anti-Ship Sissile from the mid 70s

RB 15F = Very Long range Fire and forget Anti-Ship Missile Entered service in the late 80s

BK = Short for BK 90 also known as DWS 24 (or DWS 39) wich is a Gliding Stand-off Cluster Bomb Comparable to the US AGM-154 JSOW.

Since its early on we dont know wich of these are given and wich are not.

Id say all but the BK 90 and Aim-9L are given since those 2 came with the 96 AJS variant.

The BK 90 would be one of the most Capable weapons in the game with

With a Range between 8km when launched at tree top level to outwards of 30+km at altitudes of above 6000m.

In whatever the Form the AJS 37 arrives in im hyped.

Im happy its the AJS 37 more for the increased Choice of Pylons then for a potential BK-90.

But yea the Viggen is gonna be an effective and very interesting aircraft with some interesting Munitions (RB 05 and BK90 Especially)

Edited by mattebubben

I want to hear cobra847 on this.

LNS and wags will crucify steam!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

There is no surprise anymore.. :(

Factual information, straight to the point - thanks Steam. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I wouldn't have got the intercept Viggen, but the attack hell yes. The A10C is fun but it's too slow!

I'm gonna need a free up a lot of time to fly the Mirage the Viggen and the MiG!

Yes a10c is so slow!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I want to hear cobra847 on this.

LNS and wags will crucify steam!!

You missed the "Whoops?"

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Well happy with an F-4U, beautiful aeroplane.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Good news. A bit sad for Cobra that he doesn't get his big announcement, but for those that have followed the topic closely this was pretty much expected exactly like that.

The only thing which is kind of surprising to me is the AJS-37 versus the AJ-37. I was rather expecting anti-invasion operations against Soviets with the Cold War attack variant.

*Money clenched in fists*

Oh yes! So hoping that it's true, especially the Viggen, really especially the Viggen.

Is no more a question, Viggen and Corsair are true.

Again glad for AJS Viggen. Did not want JA. Glad steam leaked this info, I did not want the long wait with no news, now the enjoyable part of waiting for release can start, which is discussion of plane and features instead speculation

A bit sad for Cobra that he doesn't get his big announcement

He still gets to do his big announcement, and it wasn't going to be much of a surprise anyway, because most of us already figured it out based on the hints. Looking forward to seeing a nice presentation with screenshots, trailers and everything. This leak changes almost nothing.

He still gets to do his big announcement, and it wasn't going to be much of a surprise anyway, because most of us already figured it out based on the hints. Looking forward to seeing a nice presentation with screenshots, trailers and everything. This leak changes almost nothing.

Yeah! Will be next friday?:joystick:

Wow, what a disappointing outcome for both sides. But I still got some hope that the steam announcement was a genious marketing trick to surprise us all in the end with a real announcement that nobody expected.

Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit | Intel Core i5-3570 | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX 770

Good news. A bit sad for Cobra that he doesn't get his big announcement, but for those that have followed the topic closely this was pretty much expected exactly like that.

The only thing which is kind of surprising to me is the AJS-37 versus the AJ-37. I was rather expecting anti-invasion operations against Soviets with the Cold War attack variant.

Im also a bit sad for LNS for not having the chance for their wanted announcement. But honestly they made the wait way too long without giving any info but delay over delays of what they are cooking.

I wished Cobra has done his announcing in November with his unique style and Swedish humor. It's always a pleasure to read his updates.

Im also a bit sad for LNS for not having the chance for their wanted announcement. But honestly they made the wait way too long without giving any info but delay over delays of what they are cooking.

I wished Cobra has done his announcing in November with his unique style and Swedish humor. It's always a pleasure to read his updates.

+1

I have a mixed feeling on this.

I just think its a very disappointing outcome. if you want to play ww2 there are plenty of good ww2 sims out there which have ww2 settings and equipment.

As for the viggen well just bleh. Useless niche swedish junk which is as much use as teats on a bull. In real life and game.

• Like 1