DCS: UH-1H Videos - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
wess24m

Default DCS: UH-1H Videos

I wanted to post a preview video for my mission i'm making "Haulin' Trash" but couldn't find an appropriate thread, I don't think it deserved it's own thread because it's just a preview.

So since this is our unsticky (for now) video thread I'll post what I came to post in the non-existent video thread.

So this is me testing out triggers for the new mission forgive the sloppy flying (and video, Vegas decided to chew on my video while rendering) was going for speed not grace, also to get a approximate time somebody could show up flying my mission while hitting the triggers at the first drop off point.

While there's a more detailed description on the video page of YouTube, i'll give you a quick rundown.

1-2 hour mission covering 60-80 miles, lots and lots of triggers. You will be you delivering supplies to bases and field units (which might not sound fun, it is, to me at least). I also threw a new dynamic at you, mission weather will be 100 degrees+ (38-43C) as well as real dynamic loading. When you drop something off it will effect the weight of your chopper, if you pick something up it will add to the weight. It will include being unloaded by real troops and not just land and have your stuff magically delivered. Also I read about a script that somebody else is working on that allows dynamic troop insertion and extraction, can be with any Huey not just scripted ones. he's releasing it to the public and when that happens my missions will include it.

In the video i'm pushing the Huey (in mission weather, at beginning mission weight) to the extreme limit of it's performance. If you'd like to try it out get 50% fuel and cargo weight of 500 kilograms plus 100-107 degree weather and fly around. With these kind of conditions your Huey is going to top out around 80-100 knots sustained if you use your energy efficiently.

The mission will be out tomorrow or the next day. enjoy.

wess24m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
wess24m

BAM!! thank you unseen hero.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Aviators

great job

ps settings your joystick? curvature, deadzone, saturation?
Aviators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

The video is blocked for Germany

DCS-Tutorial-Collection
Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 32GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
wess24m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
great job

ps settings your joystick? curvature, deadzone, saturation?
All stock no curves, tmwarthog
Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
wess24m

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBelle View Post
The video is blocked for Germany
Sorry I had that music on, not sure how to get around that country block except not play music.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Aviators

Quote:
Originally Posted by wess24m View Post
All stock no curves, tmwarthog
% of saturation?
Aviators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Rongor

If you use firefox, install the extension "proxtube". This sort of unblocks these kind of videos...
Rongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #9
wess24m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
% of saturation?
100% saturation, no curves, no dead zones. I use it fully linear, for me it's better because it affords me the full range of motion while not having to deal with a curve that sharply increases my control inputs near the edges of travel.

If you watch my video's you can see that it's possible to hover perfectly fine with this setup, it take time, hours of time. Just watch the official pick up videos, it really is that simple to use small adjustments and anticipate the helicopter. It's not something to explain it just takes practise.

I use the force trim quite a bit if you watch the control window and my cyclic.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
xxJohnxx

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wess24m View Post
100% saturation, no curves, no dead zones. I use it fully linear, for me it's better because it affords me the full range of motion while not having to deal with a curve that sharply increases my control inputs near the edges of travel.
The same for me! I spent hours of finding the best curves, dead zones and saturations, but finally came to conclusion that no curves, dead zones and 100% saturation work best for me.
xxJohnxx is offline   Reply With Quote